help! Issue after fitting 18s

saihaynes

hi all,

after a bit of advice, i upgraded from a set of 17s to 18s which I fitted yesterday. It is important to point out that prior to fitting the 18s i had no issues.

After fitting I took the car for a gentle drive and noticed a clunking sound from the rear anytime i hit any bit of uneven road. I returned the car home and noticed that the car seemed uneven in its ride height eg;

gap between wheel arch and tyre was different if that makes sense

ive jacked it up again today and had all wheels off as someone suggested it might be a spring not seated right (car is lowered on springs and stock shocks), cant see anything obviously out of place but the issue still persists....anybody have any further ideas to what i can do/check

thanks in advance

sai

droplinks where done not too long ago and had no issues prior to change

all tyres are correct profiles

front 225/45/18

rear 245/45/18

can only assume ive missed something with the seating of springs being disturbed from jacking up?

thanks for the replies guys, used the factory jacking points as ive done many a time before, had wheels on and off a few times today to try and troubleshoot the problem but to no avail, heading to the garage later this week.......

could the spring be incorrectly seated in the spring bucket? I wonder if the spring has rotated which would seat it incorrectly, or even one of the rubbers is missing at either end of the spring?

are the lowered springs short enough to be loose when jacked up? It could even be the spring causing the clunk

Edited by MrRoper

could the spring be incorrectly seated in the spring bucket? I wonder if the spring has rotated which would seat it incorrectly, or even one of the rubbers is missing at either end of the spring?

are the lowered springs short enough to be loose when jacked up? It could even be the spring causing the clunk

this seems the most likely as one of the rears is definitely slightly out of its seated position, i havent been able to get it re seated successfully but its booked in the garage for a few bits tomorrow so hopefully get it sorted

cheers for the reply