vortech filter help please

hey everyone, started the vortech install today. went well so far, only had to get the grinder out once :scare: .I need advice on how to get the 90* bend thing for the breather on the filter into the actual filter. the holes tiny and the bend is a good bit bigger (see pic). I didn't want to just dive in and start drilling out the hole so I thought id ask you guys first before I make a complete ar$e of it :lol:

airfilter_zpsaa1f3fcf.jpg

Also did anyone elses charger fins have two gouges out of them? just wondered if its just a manufacturing thing? photo_zps4287de27.jpg

and heres the progress after one day, ive also got the ECU out to get it sent away to Abbey to get the base map loaded on and for some reason ive just got an email from the shipping company to say my fuelling stuff has been cleared at customs, IN IRELAND!! WTF?

day1_zps8f847c8f.jpg

Bit of lube and push hard :lol:

It has to be a tight fit - you can drill it out a bit if you have to but it has to stay in!

"gouges" in both of mine :)

• Like 1

cheers keyser. what kind of lube do you find works best? :lol: only joking. yeah done not too bad for a few hours work, starting early on it tomorrow. every bolt bar one on the under tray snapped so I will need to do something to fix this(probably lots of tie wraps :lol: ) and got a few bloody fingers.cant wait to get this thing up and running. I

With regards to the bloody fingers, this is a good thing or it's what I always say to Chris. If you haven't bleed you haven't worked hard enough.

Good job and good progess. Not easy when your on your own unless your arms are 10 ft long and you have 6 pairs of hands :)

• Like 1

Thanks folks its really appreciated. Its very awkward i know as my neighbours witnessed a big chunky guys legs sticking up in the air out a zed as i lay upside down in the footwell trying to work out how to get to the ECU while bending my back into shapes i didnt know were possible :lol: . tomorrow should be easier as ive got a mate helping me so two pairs of hands are better than one

Thanks vlad. I should be taking more pics but once i get going i get in the zone lol. I thought i was going to cry at one point when i was trying to get the silicone coupler onto the throttle body. It was just too small and impossible to get on even after being soaked in warm water. But in the end i won the battle and laughed in the face of it :lol:

oh scary stuff already :lol: I heard on here that vortech a bit tight with theirs couplers...they are long enough, but only just.... do you think it will be a good idea to get slighty longer couplers before installation? (im just starting to think thru my install :lol:)

Yeah i seen that too. To be honest, theyre long enough but the one onto the throttle body could of been a little longer. I might eventually get some mishimoto couplers or something but for the time being i'll just stick with the vortech ones. If you are going to order them i can give you a list of whats needed as there are different sizes and reducers etc

i can already see myself loosing patience with the install lol and yea, if you can send me a list i would be greatful, but dont worry about rushing it, im not in a hurry...:) just created little spreadsheet with all items and prices...will make i easier for me just to tick things off as i go along... Total figure looks scary tho :lol: and i know it will rise as always miss thing or two lol

Anyway, best of luck for tomorrow with the install! Looking forward to more pics :D