Cold Air Intakes Mythbusted

370Ad

The thing is, every car is different.

For me I do not no why people still go on about this subject.

On the zed, standard airbox with velocity stack is the best for power, BUT...

on my mates astra vxr he swapped to a piper cross air filter and Gained 16bhp on back to back dyno runs.

why will people not understand this, if a car has a restrictive air feed then you will more than likely gain power, but like on the zed where it is just about as simple air feed as you can get you are probably not going to because it has been designed well.

Also mapping a car will make a big difference.

Edited by kiingsi

already been said here that the OEM filter box is the best for performance

I think you will find that sticking the filter to your front bumper is actually the best :p

That's my mod for the weekend sorted!

I think you will find that sticking the filter to your front bumper is actually the best :p

:worthless:
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be so sure, I have a b-line CAI which sits behind the grill in the front bumperand I lost power.2013-03-29164132600x800_zps821a3a65.jpg

I have not had the car mapped but.. you still wouldn't expect something getting alot colder air to decrease the power by nearly 10BHP

P.S leave my nasty looking engine bay alone please, its a working progress ;)

Edited by kiingsi

The thing is, every car is different.

For me I do not no why people still go on about this subject.

On the zed, standard airbox with velocity stack is the best for power, BUT...

on my mates astra vxr he swapped to a piper cross air filter and Gained 16bhp on back to back dyno runs.

why will people not understand this, if a car has a restrictive air feed then you will more than likely gain power, but like on the zed where it is just about as simple air feed as you can get you are probably not going to because it has been designed well.

Also mapping a car will make a big difference.

VXR is T/C ...makes more of a difference than on a N/A car.

Great i was thinking of having a dual cold air feed on my 370Z, now sounds like i just need to change the paper filters with K&N or Cosworth. If i understant correctly. Saving me £££££

:worthless:

• Like 1

throwing one on a normal road car will make very little difference, But what you might loose in power you could get in torque,

Or you may loose power by 4bhp top line but you could increase mid range power, And like its been said different car different rules the Z isnt a good car for it but a CAI on a turbo car with mapping can make a big difference, and Cars like honda with VTEC it can make a big difference (in comparison to the Z)