Cobra Sport Exhaust Warranty

evest

Morning all,

Deep breath - news of a GOOD warranty experience...!

I've had the Cobra Sport exhaust on my Zed for about 2.5 years - really great looking and sounding system manufacturered and fitted by Exhausts UK in Sheffield. Unfortunately mine has since sufferred some corosion on the flex sections of the Y-Pipe and also where the tailpipe join the back box, and there was a distinctly 'farty' noise coming from it! This shouldn't happen and it is unusual for a stainless steel system but perhaps I was just unlucky.

Anyway, the system comes with a 25 year gaurantee, so here is the sequence of events...

1. I emailed Exhausts UK explaining the problem and sent pictures of the damage.

2. They emailed back the same day, apologising and gave me the option of sending the exhaust back, or taking my car to them for repair.

3. I booked in for a couple of weeks later, took it in, they replaced the Y-section and repaired and reinforced the back box.

4. Price paid = £0

5. Hassle = nil

6. Satisfied? Yes!

Whilst it's a shame that the damage occurred, in terms of their effort to put it right, you can't get fairer than that really, so well done to Exhausts UK for their service and it's great to see a motor company that honours thier gaurantee without the usual battle!

Wow . Almost an unheard of event anymore. Usually they wiggle and squirm in an attempt to get out the warranty on a technical issue as per page 96. Section 2 line 3 of t&c.. Which states. Unless calling us during a full moon , it's a Monday wearing a pink jumper your warranty is invalid

I have used Exhausts Uk for all of my previous cars and when the time is right i will use them again for the Z. I have nothing but praise for this company they are real petrol heads and the parts are as good as you can get anywhere and the after sales service is second to none :thumbs: highly recommended