Vinyl wrapping progress of my 370z Roadster...

cfoster

Just back spoke to some guy and he was saying in a months time he will be able to spray/ dip a carbonfibre coating on?! And hes certain it will work so fingers crossed it comes through for him, but honestly i cant think how that could be possible :wacko:

Sorry just seen the conversation above re: wrapping! Cost wise at the moment the 3M vinyl is currently £18.99 for matt vinyl (per linear metre - 1524mm wide), £20.00 for gloss and £36.49 for carbon / aluminium etc.... all plus vat!

Roof wise I normally charge £40 / £50 labour plus the cost of vinyl, normally 2 metres max with some leftover. Have a Focus ST to do tonight and a slammed VW Polo Saturday, joy!

With the interior wrapping and it not sticking, all depends on prep to be honest and the material you are sticking to. I have found the wiping the areas around with isopropyl before sticking is a massive help. If the edges start to come up there is a pen stick you can buy from sign suppliers which is like a glue that sticks them down without damaging surfaces. Carbon is trickier to keep the edges down as it is a lot thicker.

With mirror baseplates the plasticy ones can be an arse as they are bobbly, I would probably be inclined to rub them down and primer them smooth first to get a perfect finish!

Cheers

Chris