New zed and loving it BUT.....

Carl350z

Guys and girls,

Well had my new zed less than a week totally love it. Just some minor issues help would be greatly appricated. I've search the forums and come up with some help but still :-/

1) drivers side window does not quite seal as tight as passenger side so therefore at speed, it make a rather load "draft" noise

2) there's a rattle from somewhere.... Seems to happen till about 3k revs then either cant hear it or it disappears. (Possible exhaust) ?

3) Brembos squeaking. I'm thinking a good clean and grease in the correct places will sort this one !

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Carl

Try the window reset procedure do a search on here for it.

Rattle could be Zorst - need to look underneath.

Brakes - some copper grease on the plates may help - also depends what pads you have - if they have plenty of life in them try doing the bedding in procedure again, it may help (search should also find that)

:thumbs:

• Like 1

Mine did this too and I thought I was just the "bigger brakes squeal at lower speeds" but it was damn annoying.

Got the pads off and the metal wear indicator tabs were 2-3 mm from being level with the face of the pads but im certain they were making the noise. Perhaps the pad compresses slightly when you brake making the wear indicator touch the disk :shrug:

I changed then anyway (first time on this car, and firt time un-assisted ever) and took me 45 mins orso. No more noise!