Starting up and idling - Rev count

Nico

Hey all,

Does anyone know what the recommended rev count should be when starting up the zed from cold and when it is idle?

I noticed that in the mornings when I start her up for the day that the rev count sits around 1100 revs and will the settle around 900 - 1000 after I've driven 3-5 mins and hit the first set of lights. is this normal/expected?

Should I be looking at cleaning the throttle maybe?

Thanks in advance for any advice given

Nico.

I think we have a cold start rev setting of 1200 rpm this should then drop back to standard tick over 650 IIRC after a short time.

The standard tick over is slow by most standards and they normally bump it on an UPREV if you have a Vortech like me it gets bumped a lot as the V2 sounds like a washing machine full of stones below 800rpm :lol:

Aircon boosts it as well :)

Technical evidence of initial cold start (Car hasn't been started since sunday)

Click Me to see video

th_226D4072-F1D8-48E8-A929-14EBDBEB00EA-4624-000002D30183FE92.jpg

And after a 15 min drive (warmed up idle)

Click Me to see video

th_0A4F61B6-335E-49C9-A708-154930D524EC-4624-000002D3135E007E.jpg

Edited by cs2000

I think we have a cold start rev setting of 1200 rpm this should then drop back to standard tick over 650 IIRC after a short time.

The standard tick over is slow by most standards and they normally bump it on an UPREV if you have a Vortech like me it gets bumped a lot as the V2 sounds like a washing machine full of stones below 800rpm :lol:

Aircon boosts it as well :)

800rpm? mine sits at 950rpm the rattling was doing my head in so made sure it wouldn't bother me anymore :lol:

decided to start her up and let her sit in the drive this time. again, hovers around 1100 for the first 3-4 mins then ticks down to around 900 after another 3-4 mins.

took her for a quick 5 min lap and then parked her with the engine still on and it now sets at around 700 which I hear is the norm :)