Bluetooth problem

s1xtyn1n3

I switched phone a couple of weeks ago and am having problems connecting to the Bose bluetooth adapter.

I had a Galaxy S2 and have switched to an S4 and the phone pairs ok using the 1234 code but after about 10 seconds, the "Call audio" checkbox in the phone's bluetooth menu unticks. At this point the LED on the bluetooth adapter goes from red to orange - i don't know if that means its lost the paring or not....

I vaguely remember having a similar issue when I first got the S2 but cannot for the life of me what the fix was...

Anyone else had this issue and found a fix?

I'm having exactly the same problem. Tried to connect my Samsung Galaxy S4 to my factory bluetooth hands free today and it connects and then disconnects after about 10 seconds although my phone even says it is paired with the car. Don't know how to fix it.

I've read that it could be to do with the way the phone tries to share the address book via bluetooth to hands free kits that support that, but i don't know what the fix is. Hopefully this might help point others in the right direction.

I'm still having no luck with my S4

I'm having the same issue with a Nexus 4. Even tried ' Bluetooth Auto Connect' App to re-attempt the connection when it times out but this doesn't help. Still drops out after 5ish seconds and light on adapter goes from red back to amber. Looks like its trying to establish a connection for BT audio or address book and Nissan adapter is blocking it as protocol is wrong.

Googling seems to reveal lots of issues with nexus 4, jellybean and bluetooth. If S4 is also affected then its maybe a Jellybean issue. Really annoying, don't want to have to change the head unit or stick a Parrot in there just to make and receive calls. My work iPhone pairs no problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I never got my android phone working with it and I tried all sorts of apps and settings. I've got a Windows phone now and that works perfectly. Even the satnav from the phone cuts the radio out and tells me the next turning them returns to the music.

• 4 years later...