making a sig on here

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its too big :p

Well done on getting it online though! Got there in the end.

Just need to come up with a design that fits the 500x100 rule - maybe crop the plane out and resize? :thumbs:

Now you have the hang of pics - you can take some of the Z and get them up! B)

I think we should get rid of the stoopid 500x100 sig rule :p

Even the OC don't do that........................:ninja::lol:

True but i was just looking at that on the OC and its so messy! Having a limit makes it easier to see where posts start and finsih and makes the whole site a lot tidier

The bandwidth is an interesting point, as images hosted on photobucket dont count toward usage, but those hosted on members own galeries do - so in order to prevent those that are hosted on this server from overloading the bandwidth, that is one reason for the rule.

The other is that it just looks more tidy (as stated above). With everyone able to use a standard size signature, or at least a signature within a set size bracket it keeps things less cluttered.

Also, the smaller size makes for a faster loading forum (as long as the file size remains normal for a 500x100px image), for when people may not be viewing from a broadband enabled site.

Hey - look at it this way, at least you get to debate our rules here! ;)

How many people have dial-up nowadays??? Very few I reckon.......

As sigs hosted by photobucket don't count towards bandwidth why can't you just limit peoples sigs that are hosted from the galleries on here....

Maybe the people enforcing the sig rules should practice what they preach ;)

The bottom line is that you don't want the forum to look messy. Why can't you just increase the parameters a bit as 500x100 is soooooooo small :blush:

Its not possible to limit signature picture sizes based on the location those pictures reside in - otherwise its a good suggestion.

There are those that check whilst away from their usual location, and those on Pay-as-you-go internet connections, which are affected by larger file sizes.

Yes I agree we should practice what we preach - but its such a nice picture I cant bear to change it. :lol:

I personaly think having a size limit in place is a good thing as it does keep the place less cluttered, though obviously people may think the limit is set at the wrong levels - what size would you consider reasonable if it were up for review?

what size would you consider reasonable if it were up for review?

Something like this should be the template, which is only a smidge taller than the my current one, and miles smaller than a certain mod's sig ;)

Megs001-1-1.jpg

Surely thats not gonna blow up someones PC unless they are on a 486 :lol:

400x100 ;)

Meaning what?

The size of my sig ;)

Personally i think the sizes are pretty good and you can fit what you want on them. remember some sites such as Pistonheads and scoobienet do not allow any sigs at all

forums are for reading, not looking at sigs.

the bigger the sigs, the more pages threads will have, the longer will take for people to read all.

I say keep the current limitations

I agree!

Don't want to log on and read a full page of Sarnies latest sig creation!

Keep em! :thumbs:

forums are for reading, not looking at sigs.

the bigger the sigs, the more pages threads will have, the longer will take for people to read all.

I say keep the current limitations

I agree!

Don't want to log on and read a full page of Sarnies latest sig creation!

Keep em! :thumbs:

Well then maybe the mods should listen to their own rules and not create sigs for others that are outside of those parameters :p