Wheel cleaner for old baked on brake crud

Fisherking

Hi

When i removed my wheels to fit my spacers last wknd i noticed the shocking state of the inside of my Rays. This was 1st time i have removed them as not had my zed long. I don't tend to use wheel cleaner, prefering regular shampoo and Pourboys wax but as these were neglected by previous owner am i going to have to bite the bullet and use an acidic cleaner on this occasion?or what do you guys recommend? I've heard P21S is good but is it likely to shift this baked on crud.

Cheers

Matt

It's best not to use an acidic cleaner - any decent non-acidic wheel cleaner will be up to the job, I've recently been using Chemical Guys (when it's needed). I also like to use Tardis and Wolf's Decon Gel to completely clean them before sealing.

For cleaning wheels the three products that i would advise are..

Billberry wheel cleaner (or something along the lines, ph neutral, dont use acid on your wheels)

Iron X - This will get rid of any iron deposits and any pitted brake dust

A decent tar and glue remover - This will take off old wheel weight glue, and any tar spots.

Have had great success with the above. I just bought a 350z so will be taking the wheels off this week and giving them the above procedure.

I didn't do the inside of the wheels on my last car and they started to rot.... took note of that when I picked up the Zed and the handy fact you can reach inbetween the spokes to clean all inside without taking the wheel off! I use autoglym wheel cleaner, does a treat for removing any hard marks and seems to keep the wheels from 'fading' that dull silver colour when the protections starting to wear off.

Just a little heads up. Pop into your local Tesco petrol station shop. Many of them are doing WonderWheels HOTWHEELS alloy cleaner spray. It's ph neutral, works like IronX........but is on offer for £1.75! Normally £10. Detailingworld reviews say it is almost as good as IronX at a 20th the cost.