Dodgy Ebay Listing?

Mighty Mouse

I'm on the look out for my first zed, and saw a nice low mileage, clean example on ebay. I contacted the seller offering to take a look at it and let them know that if all was okay, I would pay for it by bank transfer. They came back insisting on cash, I told them that there was no way I was turning up with £6.5k in my pocket.

Is there any reason for them to be suspicious of a bank transfer? I even offered to bring my driving licence etc.. as proof of my address, but they are not interested.

Hi i'd go take a look at the car then, if happy leave a cash deposit and the sort the balance out later. I paid cash for my Zed, agreed it can be scary with that sort of cash in your pocket. But if you look 1st, you'll know if it seems dodgy

Go see it with no money, check out all paper work, agree a price then come back at a later date with a "driver" to pay and pick her up

+1. I wouldn't agree to a bank transfer over ebay either tbh. There are so many scam etc etc. He could be a guy trying to get your money but if you go empty handed and he is genuine its all good.

If it was serious money ild go to the bank with the buyer and get them to transfer it whilst at the bank.

Why would I want serious money sitting in my house and someone knowing its there?

Yeah that was me watching a film and playing on the ipad the wife's right i can't multi task :doh: