Insurance for a 17 yr old

ioneabee

Plus all first cars die. Either by poor driving practises like grinding all thr gears or they end up upside down. Or is that just the people I know? :lol:

My gearbox exited the car and made a hole in the road when I performed a failed "watch this perfect launch".

Euroncap ratings can have a bit of an impact on the price as the biggest payout for an insurer is for personal injury. A car which can knock down a pedestrian without injuring them as much is likely to cost the insurer as much in payouts if the worst does happen.

• Like 1

We added my son to my wife's mini cooper last year and it cost around £1400 for my wife as main driver and my son and I as named drivers.

We renewed last month and it was only £628. My son dosent drive very often but churchill allow named drivers to build up NCB to use when they insure there own car with them at a later date!

must be 19 or older

ah! I didn't actually click it, there's always a catch. I believe that is why the saxo became so popular, they offered free insurance to anyone and cheap finance, so people that could never afford to drive before suddenly could.

now here's an interesting one I've just triedlease a C1 @ £49 / month + vat for 2 years = £1411innitial insurance = £517after passing £2000he goes to uni in 18months anyway - so won't need a carthis could be workablehaven't checked if there are any restriction from the lease side - but can't see why there would be

Edited by ioneabee

not a joking matter Dave :dry::p

I have even considered taking the 370 off the road for 6 months or so......................but then quickly discarded that

Edited by ioneabee