Bleeding tips after removing front drivers side caliper

VsoundZ

Hi everyone,

I've never been the most technical person with cars but managed to change the front wheel bearings having found some good tutorials (that lower hub bolt is an absolute pig) but somehow managed to thread the front drivers side caliper when putting everything back together - literally the last bolt before bolting the final wheel back on... :headhurt:

This has been professionally re-threaded and bolted back on to the car. However, where I had to remove the caliper, I now need to bleed it to remove the air etc...

As the front drivers side caliper is the last in the bleeding sequence, and given that the other calipers where not disconnected, do I only need to bleed this one alone?... Or do I need to start from the beginning of the sequence and work all the way through?...

I'm pretty sure the first option will work, but clarification from any brembo experts would be greatly appreciated as brakes tend to be slightly important and i'd like to avoid hedges/lorries/small children etc wherever possible....

Thanks in advance!

Personally I'd bleed your front first, then do all four in the correct order just to be sure :thumbs:

What he said unless you let the reservoir drain down in that case start from the begining :)

Oh BTW, the drivers front is actually the second one to bleed. Correct order is NSR/OSF/OSR/NSF

That puzzled me for a second, but have just checked the site where I got the sequence from and it's in the USA. They had descibed the sequence as Drivers side front/passenger side rear etc, so the mirror of us over here in the UK... could have been interesting.... hopefully no more surprises in store!! :surrender:

Thanks for the correction - appreciated! :thumbs:

If you have Brembo brakes don't forget there are 8 nipples to bleed, I spent the best part of 2 days trying to bleed mine as I didn't notice the inside nipples on the rear!! I did get ribbed a bit on here but I did deserve it for being an idiot. :-)