Rota GTR Requirements

cs2000

Hey all, since the Nismo LMGT4's cost a gazillion pounds I (as many other people have) am looking at the Rota GTR-D's as a replacement.

Cheapest place I've found is Driftworks http://www.driftworks.com/rota-gtr-d-18-wheels-all-colours.html but am confused with all the numbers.

I want to stay with 18's as I don't want to change the rolling radius of the wheels and affect the speedo. I'm guessing to stay as close as possible to the OEM alloys id want to go for 9.5" fronts and 10" rears with an offset of 35.

They do of course do 12 inch wheels too and an offset of 10 is available across all sizes.

Just wondered/hoped that someone could take a look at the site and quickly let me know which set-up would be as close as possible to the OEM wheels. I don't mind going slightly wider if it wont affect anything but obviously don't want the tyres/wheels and thinner than OEM. Obviously I also don't want to have to modify the arches or use any arch extensions to keep the wheels legal :)

Cheers guys :)

I've got 19" 9.5 fronts 10.5" rears in a et20 offset with 20mm spacers on the rear and it doesn't rub although I do have my rear arches rolled. I would go for the ET 12 offset if I was you as it will look a lot better although I'm not sure if the fronts would rub or not. Have you lowered it al all or planning to lower it?

Have a look on this website see what you think this is what I used to decide what wheel specs to get www.rimtuck.com type i what car and what size wheels and it will bring lots of pictures up of your car with different wheel specs.

Mitz at cougar store will sort you out mate! If I have ever found a product that they sell that is cheaper, Mitz always does his best to match or beat it for me! Plus sometimes I would rather pay a little bit more for a product and know I will get good customer service and can rely on them!

Wow lots of replies! lol

I don't plan on lowering the car at all, too many speed bumps and the car is plenty low enough seeing as I park in a steep multi-storey 5 days a week and already scrape the front bumper :(

CS, il give you a PM but this was a speculative post for purchases sometime in/after summer :)

Id prefer if possible to avoid using spacers and just have it as close to the arch edges as possible without the aforementioned spacers.

*goes and does some reading on offsets*

Im looking at getting them in the silver with polished lip as in....

med_gtr-d_rlsilver.jpg

Wow lots of replies! lol

I don't plan on lowering the car at all, too many speed bumps and the car is plenty low enough seeing as I park in a steep multi-storey 5 days a week and already scrape the front bumper :(

CS, il give you a PM but this was a speculative post for purchases sometime in/after summer :)

Id prefer if possible to avoid using spacers and just have it as close to the arch edges as possible without the aforementioned spacers.

*goes and does some reading on offsets*

Im looking at getting them in the silver with polished lip as in....

med_gtr-d_rlsilver.jpg

If you go for the ET 12 offset you won't need spacers as it will look ok if you get the ET35 offset I Think you will wish you had got the ET12's but do abit of research and see if the ET12's will fit the front ok.

Just go 19's and fit lower profile tyres, then the speedo and TCS will be happy as Larry :D

The reason I say go 19's is because anything with a dish, whether is be huge like the GTR-D's or tiny like the Rays, makes the wheel look smaller. My 19' Grid's look the same size as the OEM 18's.

Edit - oh wait, GTR-D's only go up to 18's currently?

Edited by KyleR

Yeah, decided il probably go with the standard GTR's, didn't realise the D's had a lip like that which on the roads round here will be octagonal shaped in no time.

CS has advised me that with the D's an offset of 25 for the front and 12 for the rears should be OK so I guess the same applies for the standard ones. Saving time now!

Edited by cs2000

• 2 weeks later...

i have rota gtr-d 18x10 et12 front and 18x12 et20 rear fitted to my Z with a nice bit of tyre stretch and lowered on coilovers. no rolled arches and its fine. fair enough its a bit hardcore for most people but i like that look, it looks the business!!

I can supply these or I also have the new range Rota RT5 18x9.5 et12 in stock right now. Arrived earlier this week. I must admit, I am considering a set of them as a 2nd set of wheels are they are lovely. Heres a couple of images...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.479965128717353.109409.179096595470876&type=3

Feel free to drop me a message. I also try to keep prices competative and can usually price match too :)