New 'screen required (AGAIN!!)

AndyC

Gutted. Coming to work I got hit by a bloody big stone which has put a huge crack down my windscreen, again! Some flaming idiot came across the white lines (where you're not supposed to cross, ie where all the stones and crap are) coming onto the motorway, I was behind him and he kicked up a huge stone, stupid c**t :rant::rant:

So now I've got to p**s around again getting another screen. Which, by the way, has only lasted 3 months since the last fool did the same thing. I'm now gonna be out of pocket by £50 again. 14yrs of driving, never done a screen and now I've gone through 2 in 3 months.

I know in the great scheme of things its nothing but I just needed to get that off my chest. Now I feel better :D

Sorry to hear it mate. I didn't have a stone to contend with this morning, just a 'delete badge option on obviously poverty model' 3 series coupe to deal with. Lets hope there's no third thing waiting, and this one lasts a lot longer! :thumbs:

Cheers guys, like I said I just needed to get it off my chest!

Yeah its an insurance job, not worth doing it any other way. Just checked and its £60 excess not £50 but at least thats job done for that.

I've just rung up the company I used last time, always nice when you say 350z and they say "oh yeah the blue one I remember you". They're getting the screen ordered today, I'll take her in at 9 tomorrow and have her back by lunchtime. Perfect job last time. Quality guys with a great setup and took real care with her, Tim I can't recommend them highly enough:

Bolton Safety Glass

97-99 Derby Street

Bolton, BL3 6HH

01204 393260

I don't know exactly how much they charge but it can't be brewsters cos I've only got a max cover of £350 on my policy and they do it within that :thumbs:

Yeah makes a refreshing change doesn't it?

Last time it was right before New Year and again they got me in the very next day and had her back bang on the time they promised. Can't ask for any more than that.

sorry to hear that mate, but what on earth was you doing in the slow lane with a 350z?

I always obey all speed limits mate ;) I'm surprised you'd suggest anything else :p

Besides which we were both joining another motorway...........

That sux mate. I had a similar situation with my Leon. Got a stone chip which was repaire free of charge by RAC via my insurance. 2 weeks later I got another chip repaired. About a week after than the smallest chip in the world managed to turn into a 12" crack which meant £50 to get the window changed :angry:

Just have to stay 1/2mile from any other car :teeth: