Car stereo code??

deank93

As mentioned in an earlier thread I've just put a new battery in my car....just went and got it MOT'd and noticed that a message on the stereo saying i need to enter a code, i went and had a look through my paperwork and couldn't find it anywhere, i popped into my local garage to see if they could check it for me on their system, it wouldn't show up on my private plate and I don't know the old one so got the VIN number and they found the car with that however they couldn't find a stereo code.

The only option they gave me was getting the stereo taken out and get some numbers off the back of it which they can then use to find it....I'm guessing that's what i'm going to have to do but before I do does anyone have any other suggestions??

Many thanks.

That's the only way I'm afraid. You should have a credit card sized red/white paper with the numbers on it. If you haven't got that than you have to take the radio out and get the numbers (pin and serial numbers) so your local dealer (or me if you are close enough to my garage ;) ) can give you the number.

Yes it will lock your radio everytime you disconnect it (or your battery) so if you take it out make a note of the numbers on it.

And then once you get provided with a code, remember to ask the dealer (or on here) how to enter it as it's not particularly logical! IIRC the process is something like, assuming your code was 3025 you'd press 1 3 times, 3 twice and 4 five times followed by hitting seek up... something wierd like that.

• Like 1

It is such a downer not having a stereo, maybe if i must take a positive from this is that I could do this ipod hack that has been mentioned....does anyone have any links detailing what it is and how it is done??

Search for iPod in the top right... it'll be the first thread in the results.