Great service from BMW today!

stuarty

I bought a used Z4 last week. Really like it. Discovered 3 small problems, bumper had a smart repair carried out at BMW last year by previous owner and it was really poor quality, tracking was out slightly and as they fitted 4 brand new bridgestone runfats i didnt want to risk uneven wear and finally there was a small clip missing from the soft top hing.

I contacted Harry fairbairn BMW in giffnock where i bought the car and had it booked in. Dropped it off at 8 am this morning, had a nice cup of coffee and a scone and left with a brand new BMW 116i m sport, twin scroll turbo, fully loaded.

Got a phone call around 3pm to tell me my car was ready. On arrival another cup of coffee and service advisor said sales had agreed to foot the bill for the tracking, missing clip and there going to paint my full front bumper in there own bodyshop, result!

Anyway got my car booked in for the work and when they brought my car round to me, it had received a mini valet, all fluids topped up including oil, tyre pressures and wipers checked and a nice air freshener.

Quite a good service i think. Also they said if i dont need a courtesy car next week they will pick my car up and drop it back to me.

• Like 1

Good to hear they have changed their ways. I have had terrible reviews from family and also had a pretty shocking experience myself when looking at an m3. They used to be good but since being bought over by Arnold clark it really has slipped!

That's the first time Iv heard a good report about Harry fairbairn lol. Not as bad as the branch in town (Douglas Park?), went there to test drive an e46 m3 before getting the zed. Spoke to the guy, arranged a date/time but me being dressed casual and looking young for my age, 5 years ago, he thought I was at it and didn't expect me to return

Went there at the agreed time, he was with a customer at his desk so I waited patiently. The guy knew I was standing there but in 10 minutes he didn't even look at me once. Complained to reception and had to wait another 20 mins before someone entertained me

Finally went on the test drive with steam coming out my ears, hates the car cos I was so pi**ed off, the salesman slated the zed to try to get the m3 shifted.

As you guys know that was followed by 4 great years of zed ownership

• Like 1