Armrest and other repair ideas needed

Jmanji

My new z has loads of small scratches and digs on the drivers rubber coated armrest, is thiere a repair method or should I look for a replacement.

Another thing I have found annoying is on the steering wheel controls the metal surround has two patches it looks like the coating has come off probably from where the previous owner rested his thumbs

Pictures to follow

Both are common problems.

Some of the guys have put threds up as to how they repaired theres, and others like myself covered them with vinyl.

The steering control is an easy fix once you have the steering wheel off.

The control panel that holds the buttons unscrews from the back.

Clean it up with a mild solvent and if your not satisfied spray it silver.

The decals you can get from RTBiscuit.

Edited by 4RE Leather

Cheers for that, taking the steering wheel off sounds a bit severe, airbag etc, wondering if to just polish it off fully or leave well alone.

Was hoping there's a rubber paint to touch up each dig? Is it a door card off to remove for vinyl wrap, may have a go at this in the summer.

Most people remove them and wrap them :thumbs:

Sorry to sound thick Dave..

What do you wrap them with? Is there a specific vinyl that is per cut to shape that can be bought?

Thanks

Neil

Edited by Neil

Cheers for that, taking the steering wheel off sounds a bit severe, airbag etc, wondering if to just polish it off fully or leave well alone.

Was hoping there's a rubber paint to touch up each dig? Is it a door card off to remove for vinyl wrap, may have a go at this in the summer.

Just one screw and as you lift it unplug cable for switchs sand and spray :thumbs: dont us rubber spray or it will just look the same after a while if still unsure look at window reset guide it has pics off removing this part

Thx kc, will check it out, don't really want to loose the rubber finish as it feels kinda good :wink:

You can get rubber paint from halfrauds

Well if you like the feel off rubber who am i to judge :stir::lol:

It's a fetish of SMD!

One of many little quirks he has!