Triple Plate Carbonetics Clutch Judder

A9H-RX

Hi Guys,

I've got the above clutch in the 350z twin turbo. Works a treat about 95% of the time. The other 5% is when the car gets an utter thrashing and temp gets to about 95 - 100 degrees.. I get a real bad juddering when pulling away from stand still.. (almost like aggressive bunny hopping). Also happens when sitting in traffic for extreme long periods of time (in London) and the engine again gets really hot from not moving.. If I let the engine cool down by turning off for a bit or drive normal for X amount of miles until engine air cools down its fine again...

This a common issue with this particular clutch? There is no slipping or change in the biting point..

Thanks

Never knew the clutch was part of the braking system.....

Couldn't see a category for clutch??

Only messing :p

I would've just put it in the main part of the technical section

Haha I was debating on where to post this? Then I see another clutch issue in the braking bit so thought I would add... lol

As mentioned already this is normal with heavy duty racing clutches. They become very "grabby" when hot just before full engagement. I experience this even with my HD single plate and single mass lightweight JWT stage 2 clutch so I can just imagine how yours will behave.

In any case it will take a longtime to wear out and then you will face a big bill :)

• Like 1

As mentioned already this is normal with heavy duty racing clutches. They become very "grabby" when hot just before full engagement. I experience this even with my HD single plate and single mass lightweight JWT stage 2 clutch so I can just imagine how yours will behave.

In any case it will take a longtime to wear out and then you will face a big bill :)

I'm restassured now haha its minor and I can live with it. Just a bit embarrassing when people behind you think you can't drive lol

wouldnt worry about it mate. i had a twin plate clutch that behaved like this, normally during times when traffic isnt so free flowing and starting to do a ot of stop starts at low speeds, they dont really like that. also used to make a hell of a noise when using the engine to brake, say coming from 3rd to 2nd and maybe into 1st before the car has stopped. sounded really harsh, almost like what id imagine a house cat would sound like if it was shagged by a Lion

worked great though, especially on the track. i was lucky to have a peaceful daily at that time, i didnt take it out much for normal drives to town or shops

wouldnt worry about it mate. i had a twin plate clutch that behaved like this, normally during times when traffic isnt so free flowing and starting to do a ot of stop starts at low speeds, they dont really like that. also used to make a hell of a noise when using the engine to brake, say coming from 3rd to 2nd and maybe into 1st before the car has stopped. sounded really harsh, almost like what id imagine a house cat would sound like if it was shagged by a Lion

worked great though, especially on the track. i was lucky to have a peaceful daily at that time, i didnt take it out much for normal drives to town or shops

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it :)