Anyone fitted a Momo handbrake handle?

Dicky

Can you tell me, is the Momo handle fixed to the existing handbrake (once you've removed the leather/plastic covering) by three grub screws?

I bought a cheap handle off eBay a while ago and having recently bought a gear lever and handbrake gaiter also off eBay, decided to fit them today.

WHAT A MESS. The gaiters are fine but the handle fixing method is crap.

Removing the fake leather covering from the handbrake was a bit stressful given there's no return having cut into it.

Anyway having removed the leather/plastic covering I slid on the new handle and tried to tighten in the three fixing grub screws. The two screws on the sides just weren't long enough to make contact with the metal handbrake. Tried replacing them with longer screws which only managed to stop the handbrake ratchet from working.

I'm thinking of relenting and spending the £60 or so and buy a quality Momo handle but worried its fixing method may be the same.

If anyone who's fitted one can advise me I'd appreciate it.

My Nardi handle was the same. Just ended up drilling through the handbrake at the top and tapping a thread then put a longer grub screw through both.

Did that hold the handle secure without the other two grub screws?

This might help:-

http://www.350z-tech.com/wiki/index.php?title=Parking_Brake_Handle_Installation

Fitted mine over 2 years ago, don't remember any issues and it's still good today :)

BUGGER wish I'd had that before I started!

I did find an old post by Andeyzed but couldn't get the pictures to display and as we all know a pictures worth...................

My Nardi handle was the same. Just ended up drilling through the handbrake at the top and tapping a thread then put a longer grub screw through both.

Yes no problems as it was a snug fit anyway so was only needed to make sure it doesn't come off :thumbs:

Yes no problems as it was a snug fit anyway so was only needed to make sure it doesn't come off :thumbs:

Cheers young man

Last question.....does the Momo handle have a ratchet release button which acts upon the original handbrake button, or does the original button just poke through the end of the Momo handle.?

Nice handle, I do like the momo options. I'm getting a bit excited about this one from across the pond,

http://www.crowderscustomizing.com/ISOTTA-482-CX-p/isotta_482-cx.htm

Having read the guides on here and other sites it seems most handles require some modification with a dremel to get a good fit, however, all of those have round bottom holes. The description on the one above states it is triangular with dimension 31mm high, the bottom third 23mm wide and top 29mm wide (sound more like a trapezoid than a triangle to me). I can't tell from the below nude photo (borrowed from other thread) if that will squeeze on.

image_zps28cc18bd.jpg

Anyone who's actually down this have any idea if I could mod this to fit?

Nice handle, I do like the momo options. I'm getting a bit excited about this one from across the pond,

http://www.crowderscustomizing.com/ISOTTA-482-CX-p/isotta_482-cx.htm

Having read the guides on here and other sites it seems most handles require some modification with a dremel to get a good fit, however, all of those have round bottom holes. The description on the one above states it is triangular with dimension 31mm high, the bottom third 23mm wide and top 29mm wide (sound more like a trapezoid than a triangle to me). I can't tell from the below nude photo (borrowed from other thread) if that will squeeze on.

image_zps28cc18bd.jpg

DOWN BOY that degree of excitement can give you a headache !

Anyone who's actually down this have any idea if I could mod this to fit?