enjoying the detailing discussion, what about this?

keiran D

Interesting, hadn't seen that AFTC stuff before. Whilst I don't think I'd use it on my cars, that would be ideal for the Impreza or the Ranger. Cheers for the heads up, I'll give that a whirl. :)

Polished Bliss are doing a 3 for 2 offer on Auto Finesse at the moment, so it's the perfect excuse to try it.

I use Menzerna to machine polish, micro fibre to lift any remaining residue, although it should all have broken down during the polishing process then Wet Glaze 2.0 and finish with Auto Finesse Tough Coat. No waxes used.

David

I hope to be checking that out soon ;)

I use Menzerna to machine polish, micro fibre to lift any remaining residue, although it should all have broken down during the polishing process then Wet Glaze 2.0 and finish with Auto Finesse Tough Coat. No waxes used.

David

I hope to be checking that out soon ;)

ahhhh - it won't be machine polished until Easter (weather permitting....!) but I did give it a clay, coat of WetGlaze and Tough Coat in September so you can get an idea of the longevity of the products!

Cheers Graham - one day the stars may align...!

David

had a go with the da today, obviously not straight on the zed!

my brothers vectra was the test pilot and the results from 205 on orange hex logic pad followed by 105 on black was amazing! unreal the improvement which reassures me that i now have the tools and know how to do the zed

i know useless without pics but was too dark to pick up the swirls before and lack of them after

Im now starting to think about using iron x, read about it and heard lots of positive things.

will it make much difference over clay alone? will it bring better results from the polish stage?

Yup on both fronts. The degree will depend on how much metallic contamination there is though

I use Wolf's Decon rather than Iron X which is £10 for a litre where I get it from - Envy also sell it at a similar price pre forum discount so it might be worth dropping Tim a PM.

I've tried Wolf's back to back with Iron X on my wheels - I did one with Wolf's and one with Iron X, then did a second hit swapping them over - and found no discernible difference between them in terms of performance (neither second hit produced any significant bleeding).

Edited by ilogikal1

try this, i4detailing are a good supplier and a have a good reputation on Detailing world

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2649

Don't forget, you can also get a forum discount of 7.5% not much, but it helps towards the postage. Just PM a team member for the code.

i ordered 2 bottles last week! oh well i know for next time :doh: