CCTV wanted

Pimm

Hi all

Last night 9 houses/cars were broken into, various things stolen sat navs, money, stereos, garage doors opened and search through ect..........

I am thinking of getting a CCTV system before something happens, unlike wait till I have been done and then go get one.

I have looked on ebay but so many system to choose from and they all look good. I am looking at 4 cameras, night vision, good size hard drive but most importantly a good quality picture. Budget around the £220 mark.

Any body with any experience in this area or has a system that they can recommend?

Many thanks :thumbs:

We live in a really quite village, no streets lights etc. We were ok but after speaking to the police he said that more villages were being targeted because the towns are so well lit up and CCTV all over the place they are getting caught.

I have looked at the other link, very useful.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

most of the car crime occurs due to leaving items on display, CCTV will not stop thefts from vehicles happening due to the evidential quality and being able to identify suspects. ignoring this even if a suspect has been arrested the items stolen and damage caused will probably not be recovered. A few tips

remove satnav windscreen marks

dont leave anything in display( inc any chargers)

lock car doors( obvious but you would be suprised how many people forget)

do not leave car keys in view, put them away,a regular reason why houses get burgled.

all the best steve

most of the car crime occurs due to leaving items on display, CCTV will not stop thefts from vehicles happening due to the evidential quality and being able to identify suspects. ignoring this even if a suspect has been arrested the items stolen and damage caused will probably not be recovered. A few tips

do not leave car keys in view, put them away,a regular reason why houses get burgled.

all the best steve

great advice. In particular the "windscreen ring" where the sucker has been and the car keys. My OH will leave her keys on a little table a few feet away from the door which to be fair is getting less frequent and is usually while she sorts out her stuff but you only need to forget once.

all the best steve

great advice. In particular the "windscreen ring" where the sucker has been and the car keys. My OH will leave her keys on a little table a few feet away from the door which to be fair is getting less frequent and is usually while she sorts out her stuff but you only need to forget once.

a cheaper and more effective solution than CCTV is a motion sensor light, however this is only effective if you have a drive.Steve

I've recently purchased a system that I'm impressed with.

4 channel

4 x 720tvl Sony cameras

2 Tb hard drive

I paid £290 for it if you want name of supplier PM me.

Below is a pic I took of screen at night.

CE44B3DD-10FC-4F55-B787-6B1E49415EB1-891-0000011837CA5146_zpsb3a0e5e7.jpg

Looks very good footage and coverage, all I was trying to say is that CCTV will not prevent cars being damaged or items stolen. Most people who break into cars don't care about CCTV, as once they are in a hoodie etc they are hard to identify. Just out of interest can you burn any images onto CD as the police will require it if anything does happen. All the best Steve

Looks very good footage and coverage, all I was trying to say is that CCTV will not prevent cars being damaged or items stolen. Most people who break into cars don't care about CCTV, as once they are in a hoodie etc they are hard to identify. Just out of interest can you burn any images onto CD as the police will require it if anything does happen. All the best Steve

You can download onto a USB memory stick or capture stills and video and email them direct from the DVR unit. I can also watch live footage on my or any smartphone any where as long as you can get on the tinternet.

It's a good little system I'm chuffed with it.

4 channel

4 x 720tvl Sony cameras

2 Tb hard drive

Sounds good, is it network ready too? We have a pup who is getting old enough to be left at home while we are at work and I'd like something that I could connect to to make sure all is well in the garden etc.

Oh and before anyone has a pop for having a pup while working full time we are 5 minutes away from the office and plan to come home at lunch etc. I have been working from home full time while she's so young though :)

Sorry to hijack

Edited by Fodder

4 channel

4 x 720tvl Sony cameras

2 Tb hard drive

Sounds good, is it network ready too? We have a pup who is getting old enough to be left at home while we are at work and I'd like something that I could connect to to make sure all is well in the garden etc.

Oh and before anyone has a pop for having a pup while working full time we are 5 minutes away from the office and plan to come home at lunch etc. I have been working from home full time while she's so young though :)

Sorry to hijack

Just connect it to router download app for your phone or connect to your IP address