Car buying sites

DanK

Hi,

Hope this is ok posting in this section and just a quick one really to hear your views.

I need to sell my 350z, it's becoming far too expensive for my daily 50 mile commute.

The only problem is, it has some slight damage to the front bumper and wing, nothing too major and wouldn't cost too much to fix - it's just the pain of taking it somewhere and waiting a few days without the car.

It also has part service history - which is my fault. It hasn't had an "official" service for 20,000 miles.

I've had the oil changed about 10,000 miles ago but this was done through a friend at a garage I know - no receipts or anything, just peace of mind for me at the time. Which is obviously no good for when it comes to selling.

Now the car is a 2006, 300 GT in Black currently on 62,000 miles, with sat nav, heated leather seats in black etc. The car runs perfectly and apart from the slight damage to the bumper and wing is in excellent condition.

With all of the above declared I have had an offer of £6,500 possibly £6,700, £6,800 with a little haggling.

What are everyone's opinions on that price?

The company is not we buy any car. The guy I spoke to sounded very helpful and seemed as though he has properly researched the car instead of banging out a generic quote and there are no hidden costs.

For the admins, this is not a for sale post, just interested in hearing everyone's opinions.

Cheers

If you're looking for a quick get out I'd say go for it, as by the time you've repaired damage and advertised you've probably spent what at least 4-700 squid.

Depends on your financial status really.

Thanks for the reply.

I've had a quick look on here, Pistonheads and Autotrader and the 2006 350Z's with around 60,000 miles are advertised at around £8000 - £10,000

I don't really have a huge amount of experience with selling cars so i'm unsure whether the service history and damage will put people off THAT much - obviously the price will reflect the fact it is lacking a few "official" services and has the damage.

It has had a full Nissan service history up to around 35,000. Flew through the last MOT - not one advisory, so i'm just unsure whether i could sell it in it's current condition for more privately. Again, thoughts please everyone?

There will be a discrepancy between what cars are advertised for and what people actually get for them. It's a poor time of year and this is real cash in your hand now...and you don't have the aggro of dodgy people turning up at your door. That's just a personal view however. You could always try for more but it is a bit of a buyer's market...I guess we tend to have a fairly realistic view on here.

Thanks for the reply.

I've had a quick look on here, Pistonheads and Autotrader and the 2006 350Z's with around 60,000 miles are advertised at around £8000 - £10,000

I don't really have a huge amount of experience with selling cars so i'm unsure whether the service history and damage will put people off THAT much - obviously the price will reflect the fact it is lacking a few "official" services and has the damage.

It has had a full Nissan service history up to around 35,000. Flew through the last MOT - not one advisory, so i'm just unsure whether i could sell it in it's current condition for more privately. Again, thoughts please everyone?

Who ever is trying to sell an 06 with 60,000 miles for £10,000 is living on a different planet!

I bought an 07 (HR) from a main dealer with about 30k on the clock for not much different!

You will not get anywhere near 10k for an 06 with 60k on it!

Thanks for the reply.

Who ever is trying to sell an 06 with 60,000 miles for £10,000 is living on a different planet!

I bought an 07 (HR) from a main dealer with about 30k on the clock for not much different!

You will not get anywhere near 10k for an 06 with 60k on it!

God loves a tryer..!! My 06 cost me a lot lesst hat that and had some very nice kit. :thumbs:

Thanks for the replies, not too sure about the two thread thing, might have been my fault.

I'm just weighing up whether to get the damage fixed and service it, at Nissan and then advertise it or go for this offer and sell as it is. That's if the company stick to the quote.

If I had it serviced and fully repaired what does everyone think it would be worth? As in sold privately? Like I say, it's black, black leather, GT pack, sat nav, and in very good condition

You may get an extra £500 on top of the cost of repairs and a P3 service but its a gamble and if the repairs aren't spot on then its a waste of money as a buyer will pick up on it. The biggest thing going against you is the climate which you can't do anything about

Thanks for the replies, not too sure about the two thread thing, might have been my fault.

I'm just weighing up whether to get the damage fixed and service it, at Nissan and then advertise it or go for this offer and sell as it is. That's if the company stick to the quote.

If I had it serviced and fully repaired what does everyone think it would be worth? As in sold privately? Like I say, it's black, black leather, GT pack, sat nav, and in very good condition

A little bit of damage but very good condition, last service 10k ago so it's over due another. Slight contradiction there. If you can get the 6.7 6.8 I'd take it.

My friend, I dont think you want to listen to what is been said here...Everybody has told you to sell at £6.5 to £6.8k.

You have a buyer now....but please be gready and spend at least £750 or more on getting the damage done and a P3 service

and fixing anything else that the P3 service throws up that you dont know about,

but are you going to get £7.5k rreturned for the car...doubt it, may get you £7k, but not a lot more...!!

Old saying....A bird in the hand is worth two in kate bush..!! (sure i got that saying slightly wrong..!)

Anyway your car...you askd advice its been given...your decision..!! :help: .

Thanks for all of the replies, it seems as though the easiest and probably the best thing to do is to take what has been offered as it's unlikely that I will gain much selling privately after the repairs etc.

I'd love to keep it, it's been a fantastic car over the past few years but the cost if running it is becoming a pain.

Hopefully they won't knock the price down but we've all heard things about these sorts of companies so I will have to see what they say.

Thanks again