Autovia (Car Dealer) Info?

BigSlick

Hi,

I got a call tonight from someone called Dean saying they were from Autovia in Peterborough.

After a lenghty call the deal is they buy my car and sell it on. I get a final amount of £xxxxx and no other hidden costs etc.

Now this all seems to good to be true to me...

They said they will pick up the car and I keep the V5.

The car will be sold through them and I get a set amount. I get this amount when it sells of after 60 days if the car has not sold either way.

Offered me £17000 for my car, initially £16500.

Ive had a good look round on the web and cat find anything negative (or positive) about the company and im just posting this to see if anyone has heard or has any knowledge of the company.

www.autoviacars.co.uk.razsor.autotrader.co.uk/

http://www.autotrade...stock/used/cars

Anyway im after any info or opinions on this. Its the first ive heard of anything like this.

My gut says its too good to be true...

Edited by BigSlick

I would;nt give my car to a car dealer to sell and then return me the money..if they go bust and your car is in the

showroom it becomes the property of the receiever...so you can kiss you car goodbye..All they want is good stock

without having to pay for it.... Up to you your car.. :thumbs:

Probably had nothing to do with Autovia

Do you know the company?

He said again about his dealer and said if it made me feel better I could drive my car down. See the dealer and stock etc.

What got me was I couldnt find anything at all on the web about this company... Or very very little.

Your car will probably be in a container heading to Bulgaria the following day, as they have the keys..

This is what happened to my mates £45k Merc 500 SL, Tracker disconnected, car in a container ...GONE..

Insurance company refused to pay out, as they said he was party to the thieft..!!

Not saying this Company is like this...but that's what happens...! :byebye:

This might not be a dodgy as it first looks. Depends really whether this chap just called you out of the blue (perhaps having seen your car advertised elsewhere) in which case I wouldn't trust them. However, I know of two traders who will gladly sell your car on your behalf, you can either leave the car with them (easier for them to sort out test-drives if required) or advertise your car on their website whilst you still use the car (you obviously have to take the car to the trader if a test-drive is required).

This chap, local to me, has sold numberous cars of friends & family without problem whatsoever both with the car left with him or from a distance. http://www.cfcsales.co.uk/ So good eggs are out there - he only charges something daft like £300 upon sale and he handles all queries.

Like I said, if this chap contacted you directly, then I'd be on edge, but many traders do work in this fashion. I'm not too sure of the legalities if it all went pearshaped, I've not used this guy directly, so don't know what paperwork is involved.