Newbie to the 350z - Now with pics

4JJE

Hope you don't mind me asking, but I'm a little confused (it doesn't take much).

From the Trade-Link add I've seen for the car, it looks as though you've paid an additional premium for an upgraded 2003 JDM import, I'd assume for the carbon body parts and upgraded brakes etc. An amount that would of bought you a nice standard (or slightly modified with exhaust, wheels etc, but very nice) Zed.

Why pay the additional amount for an 'upgraded' car, if you're then going to spend even more money on returning it back closer to its standard form :shrug:

Edited by 14N

Personally I think it looks sweet! why downgrade the brakes?

The carbon wing are a bit much for me and I like a smooth stance on my cars. With the AP's they will only fit with 19" wheels and I'd like some 18's with more tyres for a better ride etc

OK mate, now I'm really confused, and I thought Will was the wacky one. From the spec in your car's add, this is the standard stuff on a GT spec car:

GT MODEL. 6 SPEED MANUAL IN BLACK WITH COMPLIMENTING STITCHED BLACK LEATHER, HEATED SEATS, ELECTRIC SEAT ADJUSTMENT, UPGRADED 10 SPEAKER BOSE SOUND SYSTEM. SAT NAV. XENON HEADLIGHTS,

And these are the additional enhancements that you seem to have paid a couple of £k over the cost of a standard 2003 JDM car for and that make your car different.

CARBON FIBRE BONNET,

WINGS,

REAR NISMO SPOILER,

NISMO FRONT SPLITTER,

19" RS ALLOYS,

MASSIVE AP RACING BRAKES,

VEILSIDE MANIFOLDS IN LINE WITH PRO RACER JAP EXHAUST.

TEIN "DIGITAL" ADJUSTABLE COILOVER SUSPENSION,

WOLF CHARGE COOLER INDUCTION KIT.

TOAD ALARM/IMMOBILISER

And then these are the bits you want to get rid of:

CARBON FIBRE BONNET,

WINGS,

REAR NISMO SPOILER,

NISMO FRONT SPLITTER,

19" RS ALLOYS,

Which you may get enough money from selling to bring the cost of your car down to that of a 2003 JDM

But then have the additional cost and inconvenience of replacing all that stuff to make it a nice Zed again. Or am I missing something? :shrug:

Edited by 14N
  • Like 1

OK mate, now I'm really confused, and I thought Will was the wacky one. From the spec in your car's add, this is the standard stuff on a GT spec car:

GT MODEL. 6 SPEED MANUAL IN BLACK WITH COMPLIMENTING STITCHED BLACK LEATHER, HEATED SEATS, ELECTRIC SEAT ADJUSTMENT, UPGRADED 10 SPEAKER BOSE SOUND SYSTEM. SAT NAV. XENON HEADLIGHTS,

And these are the additional enhancements that you seem to have paid a couple of £k over the cost of a standard 2003 JDM car for and that make your car different.

CARBON FIBRE BONNET,

WINGS,

REAR NISMO SPOILER,

NISMO FRONT SPLITTER,

19" RS ALLOYS,

VEILSIDE MANIFOLDS IN LINE WITH PRO RACER JAP EXHAUST.

TEIN "DIGITAL" ADJUSTABLE COILOVER SUSPENSION,

WOLF CHARGE COOLER INDUCTION KIT.

TOAD ALARM/IMMOBILISER

And then these are the bits you want to get rid of:

CARBON FIBRE BONNET,

WINGS,

REAR NISMO SPOILER,

NISMO FRONT SPLITTER,

19" RS ALLOYS,

Which you may get enough money from selling to bring the cost of your car down to that of a 2003 JDM

But then have the additional cost and inconvenience of replacing all that stuff to make it a nice Zed again. Or am I missing something? :shrug:

Does not Compute....!!!!! :help:

I understand what your all saying but it's everything I wanted and more. There was nothing else on the market I liked.

It's like they say its worth what someone's willing to pay.

Fair enough Joe. I was just curious, that's all. Welcome to Zed ownership. :thumbs:

I think I might just keep the brakes and get brembo rears with nicer wheels. I never said I was going to get ride of bonnet. So the only things going are wing and rear spoiler.

If I'd brought a standards car and just paid for the tein Coilovers it would be what i paid for the car.

Would you 14N...be happy with different brake manufacturers on your car...!

Its to do with the rate of of movement of pistons..AP are a very good all round track and race

braking system, but I would not mix them with Bembro for road..."are all the pistons alimumium or

are some stainless steel". Ally ones will react quicker, and if they are on the rear you will lock the rears

unless you bother to put in a brake bias system .. :thumbs: