Audi TT Mk1

adam1942

So the 350z is getting dearer to run on the scale of £500+ a year on road tax.. This week alone with work I've spent £373 on super.. not to mention that insurance is looking like it'll be over a grand which I'm refusing to pay I'm thinking its time to move to something thats cheaper to run.

I've been looking around and as much as I love the 197 Clio I want to go for something different. My first 3 cars where Renault Clios with the 4th being a Nissan 350z.

This time I want to go VAG.. and I've found a decent looking 2003 Audi TT It has Quattro etc. Has anyone driven these? Whats your opinion?

I'm going to book a few test drives but my insurance on the 350z is valid until May so obviously my decision isn't final yet as things may change..

Link to the one I'm looking at is;

http://www.usedcarsni.com/104713823

Pros;

£270 tax a year instead of £500+

grp 35 £650 insurance a year instead of £1000+ grp 45..

extra urban 30+ mpg instead of <18 mpg..

Quattro instead of rwd in the crap weather..

Toys like the Liquid TT (see here http://www.racediagnostics.com/cms/)

Easy to tune

Cons;

Understeer city apparently

Less power / Less torque

The pros seem to out weigh the cons so I think my mind is pritty much made depending on how the car drives??

I do a LOT of city driving and it takes me 5-10 minutes to get to work so the engine isn't fully warmed up :(

On the motorway I get about 27-30mpg with CC on.. its the city driving that’s killing it at the moment.. Just realised I had put extra urban I meant urban sorry :) apparently those MK1's are good for up to 40MPG on a run??

Cheers 350 Russ

Edited by adam1942

Who are you getting the £1000+ quote with? I'm in Portadown/Craigavon (hijack city) 29 with 1 years driving and 1 year NCB, my insurance with admiral starting march 2nd is 800 with exhaust and wheels declared, modification cover, drive any car and all other things like roadside, legal assistance and courtesy car etc.

My mates got a tt for sale. It's a Y plate 225 1.8t. Done 110,000 ish miles, also had a lot of bloody money in replacement parts too! And it's a cat c. In fact ill find you a picture,see if your interested as I think he still wants too much money for it.

Edit, feast your eyes on this lol

5y8ynude.jpg

Edited by Shaun1982