[SOLD]Black Leather Electric GT Seats.

KyleR

As some of you may have seen from my build thread, i've swapped these black leather out for a set of alezan :cloud9:

So the time has come to try to sell them and make some space in the living room!

The passenger seat is in near perfect condition, except 2 little dimples on the back where the headrest was sitting for a few hours when I first set them away, barely noticeable without flash photography, but the drivers has some wear on the bolster as expected for a car with 70k, actually looks worse in the picture due to the flash than in real life.

IMG_0835.jpg

Front is folded forward to remove from the car and didn't think to set it right up again before disconnecting the power, oops.

IMG_0837.jpg

Drivers bolster. I'm sure it's quite repairable by someone who knows what they're doing. *cough cough Peter*

IMG_0838.jpg

Drivers seat, couple of wee scratches from jeans, again appears worse with the flash.

IMG_0840.jpg

Passenger, notice the 2 little dimples. If I knew how to make them 100% vanish, I would do it.

IMG_0836.jpg

Passenger seat, barely a mark.

IMG_0841.jpg

Back and sides are perfect and airbags all good, electrics fully working. Only other thing worth noting is the passenger tray thingy, the little clips are a tad bend, no idea how this would even happen, been there since I bought it.

SAM_1404.jpg

I've tried to be as honest as as possible so that if someone buys them they don't get any surprises. I've seen these go for over £500 on eBay in perfect condition, but since these need a little bit of work on the bolster and drivers seat if you're really pedantic, I'm only looking half of that.

£250 ono plus shipping which I believe is £50 from Northern Ireland to Zone 1. :thumbs:

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 1

Get a heat gun and put it on half heat.

1500w approx.

Hold it as least 12" away and imagine you are spraying a car.

Have a clean rag to hand and every 20 seconds smooth over the area of the dimples applying moderate pressure.

soon the leather around the dimples will stretch, thus removing the dimples.

I have been using this meathod with success for quite a while.

Do not be tempted to rush the job or concentrate the heat for to long over the same area.

If you don't have a heat gun then pinch the misses hair dryer.

Edited by 4RE Leather

Thanks Pete, I'll give it a very cautious try if I get the chance before selling, otherwise, some great info for the buyer :thumbs:

been looking for leather seats for a while....but mines cloth ones not electric and i guess u cant tilt it back and forward without it being connected?

I'm sure I've heard of people upgrading from manual cloth to electric leather, maybe they retrofitted it somehow? :shrug:

Been looking into it, should be a fairly easy upgrade as long as you don't want the heaters and of course there would be no airbag control wire, some leather seats don't have airbags though.

Been looking into it, should be a fairly easy upgrade as long as you don't want the heaters and of course there would be no airbag control wire, some leather seats don't have airbags though.

Why don't you get them Chris!

I will sort them out for you and you can sell the Alezain ones!

Chris from Brooklands Kent ( not sure what his forum handle is) who has a white veilside

has cloth seats and its a JDM.

He is having the seats out of my car to put in his so I will do a thread on it, thats if its not been done b4,

Edited by 4RE Leather

These are exactly what I'm after and local to me as well! Read up last night on the retrofit, no problems I can see (I'm an autospark of 12 years)

If I can pull together the cash and they are still available ill give you a shout

These are exactly what I'm after and local to me as well! Read up last night on the retrofit, no problems I can see (I'm an autospark of 12 years)

If I can pull together the cash and they are still available ill give you a shout

No problem Ollierx, hope to hear from you soon :thumbs:

Out of curiously, where abouts are you located?

As some of you may have seen from my build thread, i've swapped these black leather out for a set of alezan :cloud9:

So the time has come to try to sell them and make some space in the living room!

The passenger seat is in near perfect condition, except 2 little dimples on the back where the headrest was sitting for a few hours when I first set them away, barely noticeable without flash photography, but the drivers has some wear on the bolster as expected for a car with 70k, actually looks worse in the picture due to the flash than in real life.

IMG_0835.jpg

Front is folded forward to remove from the car and didn't think to set it right up again before disconnecting the power, oops.

IMG_0837.jpg

Drivers bolster. I'm sure it's quite repairable by someone who knows what they're doing. *cough cough Peter*

IMG_0838.jpg

Drivers seat, couple of wee scratches from jeans, again appears worse with the flash.

IMG_0840.jpg

Passenger, notice the 2 little dimples. If I knew how to make them 100% vanish, I would do it.

IMG_0836.jpg

Passenger seat, barely a mark.

IMG_0841.jpg

Back and sides are perfect and airbags all good, electrics fully working. Only other thing worth noting is the passenger tray thingy, the little clips are a tad bend, no idea how this would even happen, been there since I bought it.

SAM_1404.jpg

I've tried to be as honest as as possible so that if someone buys them they don't get any surprises. I've seen these go for over £500 on eBay in perfect condition, but since these need a little bit of work on the bolster and drivers seat if you're really pedantic, I'm only looking half of that.

£250 ono plus shipping which I believe is £50 from Northern Ireland to Zone 1. :thumbs:

Did we not have a conversation about the seats when u 1st joined the forum?

i think I located a guy in N.I. who could have done the work for you !

Yes, Peter, we did, and I was talking about a complete colour change to a lighter colour like cream after i'd seen someone else on here change their charcoal black ones to blood red and looked awesome. You also did tell me you knew of someone over here who could restore the bolster for me, but i'm not 100% sure, but I think they may have been a bit away from me and would have been a bit awkward not being able to use the car for a few days whilst everything got done. But I got my sexy Alezan in the end like I always wanted which are in damn good condition :yahoo:

if I ever manage to get over some meet sometime, i'll still be getting you to work a little magic on them :D