How much vinyl required to wrap a 350

Tackleberry

In the process of pricing up some vinyl for a full wrap. Does anyone who has done this before know how much roughly is needed to wrap the whole car + nismo kit?

Planning on giving this a bash myself as we come in to better weather. Anyone done this before know of any useful guide material? Trawled every youtube video i can find on techniques etc.

All i can say is oh dear god, good luck. I considder myself pretty good at wrapping interior items, have done door handles, guage pods, various other plastic bits, even an iphone and sky remote, but when i tried to do my roof last weekend (with quality Hexis vinyl i might add) all i ended up with was a massive wrinkled mess.

The Zeds roof is an absolute nightmare IMO as if you start in the corner, as i beleive yoyu shoud, the vinyl has to stretch in 3 different directions and planes.

Im dont have any figures as for the length of the wrap, the roof iirc is about 1.5-2m alone, so id guess somewhere between 15-20M but i could be way off. Best wait for RT to pop in ;)

I'd say around 13-15 metres presuming you are getting the 1520mm wide stuff (easiest stuff for you to use is the 3M 1080 series). Wrapped a couple of Z's and many many more cars!!! Worst panel to do on a Z is the tailgate. Also with the rear numberplate recess do the back part as a seperate piece of vinyl and lose the joins on the bends.

Chris

i prefer hexis over 3m having used both, hence why I supply hexis now and don't touch the 3m stuff. the last guy I supplied to who wrapped his own car started with 15 metres, but in the end I think he got through 25 metres or close too as he re did panels, and learned from mistakes as he went.

Edited by rtbiscuit

hexis do 2 matt military green, one by the metre and one by the roll, by the metre hx30 is £35 per metre hx20 is by the roll of 30 metres and is £530. both ex postage of £11. hx30 is there best stuff, lasts the longest, best finish and colour fastners etc. hx20 is their other film. its half the price but only available by the roll.

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78203

Tackleberry - its all personal preference as to brand etc, but generally Hexis and 3M are the favoured ones. Personally prefer 3M and its slightly cheaper at around £19.99 plus the vat, think Hexis is a few quid more but you can buy direct from them without any probs. Lastability I found the Hexis white pearl Hx30000 series started to come away in some places on a customers car after a few months, used a sealit pen and it was fine, but touchwood never had an issue with any 3M wraps i've done (about 15 now!). My merc (well just sold it) has been matt grey metallic for a year now, been in snow and all sorts and still as new! Actually one of my first full wraps was a carbon fibre Z!!

The matt military green hexis vinyl is part no. HX30VMIM and think its £32.11 plus vat per linear metre.

Very true they may get it cheaper but I 'think' the discounts applied to vinyl can be bought direct from the suppliers! Sometimes they have monthly specials so perhaps once you have decided what brand, contact a trader and see what monthly special is on, usually most companies will honour that discount regardless to what month it is and whether their offer is actually on!!