very light swirl under street light

keiran D

My gunmetal zed has light swirls in the top coat. Paint looks amazing during day and under most light conditions but street lights really seem to show up there imperfections. Yes i am anal and its prob nothing to most but its frustrating me.

I have cleaned, clay, cleansed, swirlx, super resin, wax. And still they are there, all work done by hand. Never really had this issue with past cars so either previous owner had really bad cleaning skills or is there the top coat bad on zeds?

Any tips or detailers close to nottingham want to offer there services?

Nissan paint is quite soft so it' not difficult to inflict swirls or marring. Super Resin Polish isn't very/at all abrasive (depending on which version it is that you're using) so won't do much/anything to correct the paint. I use Menz 203S and 85RE, but I'm sure others will have their own preferences. You're best off using a DA (or rotary if you're confident enough with it) too, but you can use 203S by hand with a light cutting pad.

When I first got mine I dropped a jet spray cable down the front bumper :scare::rant: but you don't see it. Only time you see it is, as you say, under street light etc. Plus its got the usual swirls etc. When were into a good bit of weather at the end of March or something gonna give it a good polish etc try and hide and get rid of some of them lol The paints terrible wouldn't worry, only you will really see them unless its a big scratch etc.

• Like 1

Im just amazed that the after all the work i put in there is no improvement under lights. There must be something im missing.

How important is the applicator pad? Would it need to be a cutting pad with the swirl x

Yes, for polishing you should ideally be using a cutting pad. The choice of pad is as important as the choice of polish, if you've not been using a cutting pad, that would explain why there's some swirls/marring left after polishing.

One of these is ideal. :thumbs: