wiper and lights fault

balla

ive done a quick search but didn't turn much up. basically the cars battery died after being left for a month or two but that wasn't the fault the fault is now ive lost my wipers front wipers back still works and the washer jets still work. with the lights they are on can not be turned off or flash also my indicators work but don't light up in side the cab or make the clicky sound. please say somebody has had a similar problem in the past as i went to Amsterdam at the weekend and didn't realize till it was too late to change vehicle. i went through all the fuses while i was there but to no luck. o yeah nearly forgot the heated window and mirrors don't work also. any help will be much appreciated

If you have fitted a NEW battery then the IPDM would be my first port of call as Graham suggests.

However, if you only charged your battery back up after being flat for a few weeks, I would check that first as a poor battery does funny things to the Zed.

In the workshop manual there is a function test for the IPDM. It is very handy when fault finding, it does a snazzy test of all the items it controls. I will try to find it for you......

• 8 months later...

Bumping an old thread as I`ve just had a similar issue with my Z.

Really strange, on M4 at the time, wipers were on intermittant and had sidelights on.

Wipers went to full speed, headlights came on and rev counter died. Stability,traction and check engine lamps came on then wipers stopped. 3 odd miles to next exit.

How i laughed.

Anyway, using manual selfcheck/diagnoses guide did the cars self test and everything worked fine. Ended the test, disconnected battery, pulled all the plastic trim and had a poke about on fusebox.

Put all back together, reconnecting battery and started fine.

Been fine since although check engine lit, assume fault code is registered with ECU.

Any strange behaviour with either Lights, dash displays, wipers, heated rear screen,radiator fan or AC clutch seem to point to the IPDM.

Further investigation ensues, anybody enlighten me further be much appreciated my cars rarely fix themselves?