Rallying

Sarah 350z

Hi boys and girls.

My other half is seriously considering getting into rallying! He has just sold his s15 rb25 powered drift car and is looking at other motorsports to amuse himself with. He is currently either looking at a type r civic or evo 6 for the job.

Has anyone had any experience of rallying and mainly for myself has anyone ever been a co-driver or is there anywhere I can go along to learn how to be a co-driver as I've had no experience what so ever and as much as I loved sitting in the drift car with Neil (and had a wee go myself once or twice) I am sure it will be a completely different experience?

Thanks Sarah :)

Have a chat with Ebized, I'm sure he'll be able to pass some suggestions.

I did rallying for a day when I was 18 but that was it, oh and I love the WRC, even though its not being shown this year for some stoooooooooooooooooooooopid reason. But I guess that doesn't help really does it? :sorry:

Have a chat with Ebized, I'm sure he'll be able to pass some suggestions.

I did rallying for a day when I was 18 but that was it, oh and I love the WRC, even though its not being shown this year for some stoooooooooooooooooooooopid reason. But I guess that doesn't help really does it? :sorry:

Any wee bit of info helps Wasso thanks

Re co-driving have a look for Don Barrow - they used to do a very good correspondence course.

It's worth getting the RAC/MSA blue book to get an idea of the car regs for each level of rallying - this might well influence what sort of car would give you the best head start.

Also look at Higgins Rally School in Wales - one of the best rallying courses.

Another option is Rallycross, which has some low cost formulas http://www.btrda.com/Rallycross/

There are tracks all round the country where you will get loads of access to the cars and competitors and it's as much fun as you can have whilst dressed.

Whatever type of events you are interested in you will get a much better idea by going along as a spectator and talking to as many people as you can.