Test drove my first Zed and I've got some reservations.

Stormy

Is it possible that the MY06 cars slip onto the 08 registrations?

Not often, but a number of cars that were unsold in Ireland were imported into The U.K in 2008. Some of these were on registered on 08 plates or later. I have a feeling that these were mainly roadsters though.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

Car dealers attitudes really get my goat sometimes its as though they've forgotten that for most people, other than perhaps a house this'll be the biggest purchase of your life. I'm sure there's a link to dealers somewhere on this site that members have had dealings with and their experiences will give you a good idea as to what to expect. I'm so glad that a) you got your deposit back and B) you walked away. The service history for one was shocking and at 35k the car is due a P3 service which is the BIG one and'll cost at least £400.00. with the replacement of important parts.

Kwik Fit?? on a Zed, come on. You're not being anal about parking sensors either. Mixed tyres on the same axle is a definite no no. The handbrake is a really easy fix, but again thats not the point. I could go on but as all has turned out well i'll just reiterate what has already been said, its a buyers market, you're in the driving seat (pun intended) so don't compromise on anything that you're not happy with. As mentioned previously you've a very good chance of picking up something in really good condition thats been properly looked after via this site. If you see an advert for a car you fancy thast maybe 2 or 3 hundred miles away it might be worth asking if there is a member who is fairly local who could take a provisional look to see if its worth you travelling the distance rather than having a wasted journey. Happy hunting.

Thanks all. Never had a problem before buying cars. Put deposit down over the phone if travelling a distance. View car and either deal there and then, or agree it's not the car for you. Most cars I've had beause they've been as you expect from a main dealer.

Always put a deposit down to show my commitment to turning up. But perhaps I'll rethink this side of things.