Exhaust wanted

josh2005

I've got a Japspeed K2 exhaust which is working fine but recently the mid-pipe has started to rattle quite a bit!

I'm either looking for just a new mid-pipe or see what else is available out there really. Would like something non-standard really!

Hey Josh,

Japspeeds are not the best but if your happy with the sound other than the rattling it will probably be an easy fix, at the end of the day it's just a pipe so not much can go wrong with it so it's probably just a loose fitting somewhere that your local garage can do.

If you want something better to replace the whole system then I have various options and a few special deals coming up

I do love the sound of the Japspeed, it had a bit of a rattle on the tip earlier in the year but this was rectified. Now it's the silencer on the centre-pipe which is causing the problem! I don't know what the best way to do it is! I'm tempted with the Scorpion but not sure on the sound in comparison to the K2?

I had the same issue when i had a K1 but managed to hook it out :D . Just take out the center section and lay it gently on a table after tipping the pipe on the proximal end to get the loose ring(s) to lodge close to that end. introduce a suitablly slender rod with a hook at the end and yank the ring out. It took me a few goes and it came out. :yahoo:

Its thin metal so it deforms to an egg shape to exit the pipe. examine the ring to determine the size of the hook.

Edited by GT4 Zed

I've got a new, never gitted Japspeed K2 sat in my garage. Bought it off eBay as a bit of an impulse buy to replace my existing back box. Was only when it arrived and I compared it to the exhaust I already had fitted, that I realised I already had a K2 on the car! Doh!

Was gonna keep it as a spare, for when my current one goes, but could be tempted to let it go if you fancy it? I'm fed up of moving the box around my garage! :lol:

Send me a PM if you're interested. :thumbs: