My holey exhaust..

Av8er

So ever since I've got the Zed it seemed to me that it DRANK fuel, I'm talking £95 every fortnight. Don't get me wrong, I was expecting a thirsty little bird, but my girl is a true petrolholic!!

Sent the car for its MOT this week and she failed on emissions, with a hole in the exhaust, now not too sure if my thought process is correct, but would this once fixed have any positive effect on the ol' girls drinking habbits?

Well on average I get a reading of 11km/L which to me makes about 44km/Gal, making that 44000/1600= 27.5MPG

That seems fine to me, but just never actually seems like it. I haven't ever though of resetting the ODO to find out exactly... Maybe I should try that... I'll get my coat

Well on average I get a reading of 11km/L which to me makes about 44km/Gal, making that 44000/1600= 27.5MPG

That seems fine to me, but just never actually seems like it. I haven't ever though of resetting the ODO to find out exactly... Maybe I should try that... I'll get my coat

Your using US gallons not UK gallons. In UK gallons that would be roughly 31mpg.

Your using US gallons not UK gallons. In UK gallons that would be roughly 31mpg.

No way would I be getting 31..

Why not?

Why not?

Because I like the sound of my exhaust way too much

• Like 1

I think our Zeds are reaching that age where this is a common fault now because the last 3 exhaust changes we did, we've discovered the stock system had rotten joins just in front of the back box before the flange. I one case it had rotten right through.

So if you have a original exhaust, do check that spot for rust corrosion.