How to shoot yourself in the foot, the BBC way...

spursmaddave

I work with kids, and have to say we seem to be raising a generation of spoon fed, molly coddled, dependent group of future adults. Who can't think for themselves and panic over the mere implication of a challenge. By shielding them from everything does that not breed a naïve and blinkered person, how can they be independent and think for themselves if their wrapped in bubble wrap. Kids know he's a bad man and did bad things, its not like their watching the sex tapes. I'd be more concerned About the amount of kids growing up in single homes/ broken homes/ same sex homes/ dollers. Etc etc etc. 90% of the kids I deal with who have some kind of issue or flaw or malfunction comes from one of the above. I'm not saying all kids in these families have issues, but most kids with issues come from one of these families. There have always been bad people and always will be. Instead of hiding our kids away from it, should we not be teaching them what to look for and how to deal with it/avoid it? Just another string to the bow of the nanny state. Looks like we're turning into a mini USA.