Non fault clain incresing insurance

cs2000

Even worse than a non-fault claim was what happened to me, I came out the club one night to find a tosspot had booted the door of my XKR, guy got caught and I was due to testify at court.

Turned up at court and clerk came thru to say he pled guilty so I wasn't required. I had contacted the insurance company previously to say door was damaged as I presumed I would need their help to recover cost of repair.

I never received a penny and insurance company were not willing to persue it. So I called and closed the claim and just paid for the repair myself which only cost me about £250.

Came to renewal and with same insurance company they said any claims, I said no and they brought up about claim being registered, I said I closed the claim as I repaired it myself and didn't go thru with the claim, but they were adamant that it remains as a non-fault claim....WTF!!

• 4 weeks later...

Even worse than a non-fault claim was what happened to me, I came out the club one night to find a tosspot had booted the door of my XKR, guy got caught and I was due to testify at court.

Turned up at court and clerk came thru to say he pled guilty so I wasn't required. I had contacted the insurance company previously to say door was damaged as I presumed I would need their help to recover cost of repair.

I never received a penny and insurance company were not willing to persue it. So I called and closed the claim and just paid for the repair myself which only cost me about £250.

Came to renewal and with same insurance company they said any claims, I said no and they brought up about claim being registered, I said I closed the claim as I repaired it myself and didn't go thru with the claim, but they were adamant that it remains as a non-fault claim....WTF!!

They're right. Insurers need to know of any claims accidents or losses in the last 5 years. You have had a loss, hence why it goes down as a non fault.

Look at it this way, if you're the type of person who leaves his car outside a nightclub and the car gets damaged you are at a higher risk of that happening again in the future, hence the increase in premium.

This would make me want to kill everyone at the insurers in question,,,,,,.including the tea lady

• Like 1

This would make me want to kill everyone at the insurers in question,,,,,,.including the tea lady

Cant believe this is still being discussed! lol.

In the end I did tell them about it. As usual Admiral had fcked up and although the claim was closed they still had it open on the central system so when Adrian flux asked me about it they were baffled as to why I said I have had my car fixed and received compensation already when the central database showed the accident as open still. Regardless, Adrian flux closed it I believe and have a record of it anyway.

Insurers do just want to extort cash from you however. This May (just passed) I finally got to remove the 3 speeding points from my license that I acquired 4 years ago. Despite this, when it comes to renewal in march next year im still going to have to declare these points as they want to know details about the past 5 years! so whilst the points are only valid as a conviction on your license for 3 years, removed from the license after 4, you have to "pay" for them for 5.