Can you get a BOSE harness adapter so I can use my Alpine HU

Jimbo

Ian,

Quick question (dont worry it applies to Jimbo too). I am trying to work out the wiring with the PAC-ROEM kit. From the pic in eBay link above, does it link like this:

[NEW_HU]---(RAD-UNV)---[PAC-OEM]---(AMP-NIS2)---[bOSE_AMP]

In which case you would place the micra kit between the RAD-UNV (I assume stands for Radio Universal i.e. not specific) and the HU? Do you have to splice the wires into the Micra harness or is it a case of plug and play? If you have to splce, could you not just splice it straight onto the HU harness? Or is the idea you splice it to the micra harness and save the original HU harness?

Hope that makes sense, just want to make sure I have the wiring right :)

I cant remember 100% but i think this is how i did it.

[NEW_HU]---(RAD-UNV)---[PAC-OEM]---(AMP-NIS2)---[bOSE_AMP]

The speaker harness runs from the speakers to the headunit - the HU harness was spliced into the Micra harness. The PAC-OEM plugs direct into the amp and then also splices into the HU harness.

I **think** that is correct ill try and get hold of my uncle who did the majority of the work later & see if he remembers but im pretty sure thats the way it was done :)

It would make it a lot easier for future installs if it didnt need the ROEM box. From what ive read around here & some of the US forums it seemed that the ROEM box was essential to getting the amp working with the new HU. I think ive read that the amp can be bypassed, maybe that can be done by missing out the ROEM box?

Im as confused as a confused person :surrender:

I have ordered the micra loom, will that plug straight in to the Bose loom? If so which cable on the bose loom is the amp trigger so I can plug my blue remote lead from the alpine in :thumbs:

Pretty sure you can use the standard Autoleads Micra loom and then you just need to add in 1 cable to the factory look (connect the remote trigger) to get the amp to turn on.

ANy ideas which cable, as ive bought the Micra Cable :surrender: