Superpro bushes

broady

Over the past year my (owned from new) 2006 MY car has started to show signs of getting old. To be fair it has done 80,000 miles and in that time has had one set of new discs (to help with track work), a couple of sets of pads, a Milltek exhaust and Eibach ARBs. Then my first real problem came with a horrible clunking sound from the front of the car, it sounded like my car was falling apart but a quick call to Mitz calmed me down and he diagnosed a worn bush (banana arm if I remember rightly). He suggested replacing the offending bush with Superpro plolybushes, but when costing it up, it seemed to make sense to get a whole new front kit fitted in one go.

I must credit Jez and Horsham and the following post for convincing me it was the right thing to do http://www.350z-uk.c...e__hl__superpro in fact it made me consider having the whole kit (shame you guys are so far from me otherwise Mitz would have some competition!). This worked out to be even better value and protected me against any more scary knocking sounds and promised sharper handling on the track.

Once the kit was fitted the difference was amazing. I took Mitz out for a ride and we couldn't believe how quiet the car was and how bumps were being absorbed. Clearly my problem was fixed but I had no idea how solid the car would feel. There are two downsides, the whole car is now more solid, you feel more bumps, but you feel all bumps less than before. The other disadvantage is a slight increase in background noise, possibly the bushes are transmitting more noise through the chassis, but this is only minor and the zed is not a quiet car to begin with anyway.

With road conditions as they are and with my winter tyres fitted it hasn't been possible to test the handling properly but I can imagine getting better control over bumps and a general increase in sharpness. Can't wait for the spring to arrive and try them on the track. I have not been keen on the idea of upgrading the suspension but the combination of the ARBs and the bushes has hopefully fixed my need for better handling.

Edited by broady

Aye SP bushes rock and love them, solid true and give great feedback. Yes the downside is added noise or vibration but I'd rather feel in tune with the car and road than wondering what 'might' be you going on?

• 2 months later...

Update following track day at Cadwell

Well spring arrived for long enough on 17th March to get a track day in - good job I wasn't at Silverstone and under 3 inches of snow!

Had one dry session, a few wet and to finish off conditions more suited to boats, but the Superpros did their job. More stable, quicker change of direction and improved sharpness meant I am now significantly faster than my mate who has a sorted 944 Turbo. Putting summer tyres on has increased the road noise a bit more so bear that in mind but anyone looking for better handling and a factory fresh feel for the whole car should consider these.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update following track day at Cadwell

Well spring arrived for long enough on 17th March to get a track day in - good job I wasn't at Silverstone and under 3 inches of snow!

Had one dry session, a few wet and to finish off conditions more suited to boats, but the Superpros did their job. More stable, quicker change of direction and improved sharpness meant I am now significantly faster than my mate who has a sorted 944 Turbo. Putting summer tyres on has increased the road noise a bit more so bear that in mind but anyone looking for better handling and a factory fresh feel for the whole car should consider these.

Thanks for the follow up, James... :)

We're about to Superpro another Zed too... :)