Engine management light.

JO3YT

Hi, Engine management light has come on my Z. Had a local mechanic plug a fault finder in and he said crank position sensor. Replaced all the sensors and the lights back on? now thinks the timing chain is stretched? does this sound right? I'm not very good when it comes to engines but I thought chains were pretty good for a good few miles? cars only just hit 60,000 miles and has full nissan service history. Light comes on 99% of the time along with esp and the 'skid symbol' and esp button doesnt work. When the manegment light comes on car seems to need an extra second or two to start, on the odd occasion they don't come on the esp button works fine and starts spot on (its Always all 3 lights together never one or two alone) sorry this is long but any opinions very welcome and much appreciated! Cheers

Mine has done exactly the same tonight. got in, drove, just didnt seem right, got out went into tesco and when I came back out this was the same on my dash. Got home and the engine sounded like it was off a cylinder Turn it off and on again engine sounded fine Engine management light was on but the other lights were off and the engine seems to be quite hot although this may be normal for the engine as temp gauge was fine and fans are coming on. Any ideas would be welcomed

Alex, If the car starts like it should (rarely now) everything is fine, no lights, all good. If it takes a second longer to start the 3 lights come on (management, ESP, and the other skid one??) when this happens the esp button has no effect, just does nothing? Id say this is happening 99% of the time. Will try the pedal dance tonight as well and ill order a code reader I think. Doesn't sound like the chain to you guys then? Cheers, joe