Glitchy throttle control in 1st

drfeelgood73

Hi guy's,

Have noticed recently that when in 1st gear the car is glitchy when pulling away... Hot and cold.

Every other gear is fine.....

No matter how slow a push on the gas peddle, it seems to reach about 5/10 mph and starts to judder like fuel starvation......... I either have to gun it for a smooth take off , keep using clutch and to hell with the smell and cost or hit second..... (Not good in rush hour traffic)

Have also noticed the rev counter being a bit bouncy as well when I push the peddle....

Initial start from cold has me running at about 1400 rpm.... When to temp settles to 900....

Will any of the resets help or does anyone have any idea's.

Apart from that she is fine...... Just using second all the time just now..... Then I forget and it's probably like watching a learner bouncing along the road......

I think finding someone that will clean them for me would be a better start :lol:

Maf is simple spray electracal contact cleaner or some people say carb cleaner is the same on it. leave to dry and reinsert.

Take off induction tube, spray clean and reset.

I think finding someone that will clean them for me would be a better start :lol:

I would love to help you Dave ........... little bit of a trek for me now :surrender:

I hear that TB are all shiney.... who do we know how likes shiney things :shrug:

I would love to help you Dave ........... little bit of a trek for me now :surrender:

I hear that TB are all shiney.... who do we know how likes shiney things :shrug:

Nothing is shiney in my engine bay, my car is for go not show....

I think Papa removed his TB to spray it so maybe a good shout :wink: