Bonding Front Number plate surround

JetSet

I removed my front number plate and surround to fit a Zunsport grille yesterday but had to break the bond to get the surround off. What is the best bonding material to fit it back on bearing in mind it may need to be removed at some stage. I need something fairly quick drying as there's a 3mm gap now at either end of the surround.

Thanks,

Pete

The front oblong number plate mount on a UK 350 should be fixed by 2 x bolts/screws and not bonded.

Alex. :)

That's weird, I've had mine from new and it was definitely bonded on, I had a hell of a job pulling it off in fact. The bonding was cream coloured and was mainly on the underside of the plate, you can clearly see the remains on both the bumper and the plate. I guess it must have been slightly out of shape?

EDIT, there were of course the 2 bolts as well.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

padded numberplate tape. :thumbs:

Is that what you think was on it? or what I should use? Thinking about it, it did look like a type of thin tape but seeing as the car is 7 years old (today in fact) I guess it would have set rock hard by now.

Cheers,

Pete

Is that what you think was on it? or what I should use? Thinking about it, it did look like a type of thin tape but seeing as the car is 7 years old (today in fact) I guess it would have set rock hard by now.

Cheers,

Pete

Either or... i cant think of any semi-permanent bonds other than tape so would have imagined this is what they have used... and you can safely use it again in.

If you need to get it off, you'll need to get some bug and tar remover or similar and scrape it off with your nail... or just tape straight over it. :thumbs:

Cheers,

Pete

Either or... i cant think of any semi-permanent bonds other than tape so would have imagined this is what they have used... and you can safely use it again in.

If you need to get it off, you'll need to get some bug and tar remover or similar and scrape it off with your nail... or just tape straight over it. :thumbs:

Pete