Uninsured car for 1 week, illegal?

Pnthrblkzs

If it was going to make a couple of hundred difference then I'd sorn it and get it on the drive but for the sake of just over a ton really not worth the time and hassle :shrug:

Bottom line is you have to sorn it to do this which means you lose a month's tax and have to faff around - IMHO simply not worth it

• Like 1

Yep, all done. At least I think, lol, I'm being sent paper work in the post to sign... It's been years since I've taken out insurance with paper work!

I just like to think Ive got a good deal. I was having a sulk because I don't feel it's justified to charge me £100 more for 5 days cover when I won't even be using the car anyway.

I guess it's swings and roundabouts, last month I got £33 of free petrol through the tesco vouchers, this month I lost out to an insurance company. I wonder what January will bring.....

Yep, all done. At least I think, lol, I'm being sent paper work in the post to sign... It's been years since I've taken out insurance with paper work!

I just like to think Ive got a good deal. I was having a sulk because I don't feel it's justified to charge me £100 more for 5 days cover when I won't even be using the car anyway.

I guess it's swings and roundabouts, last month I got £33 of free petrol through the tesco vouchers, this month I lost out to an insurance company. I wonder what January will bring.....

Think of it this way, you've saved yourself £100 in fines. :D

When I had my FTO I had it sat on the drive wasn't being used as I had my zed, so I didn't bother renewing the insurance as I was selling it, after a. Week I got a letter through from DVLA. Warning me if I didn't get it insured I'd then get fined, so u get a warning first failing that can't u get temp insurance for a week?

The DVLA don't HAVE to do this, so you can't rely on it; there have been numerous stories (more recently) that no warning was issued before the fine. That said, some people do seem to still receive the warning. :shrug:

I guess it depends on how much is already in the DVLA Christmas Party Fund at the time...

• 4 weeks later...

My friend stupidly stopped paying his insurance. Took 6months-ish and then he got a letter warning him to get it sorted, so he did. Always make sure everythings up to date...and check it on Askmid.com! I did and my insurer had it as an import...then a 350 Coupe...which is the infiniti thing... eventually changing it and i checked it came up 350Z lol. Its a good wee site that. Glad you got it sorted!