Lightweight pulleys

Chris AME

I have been looking into lightweight pulleys and was wondering if they make a real difference or if it was more of a placebo effect?

100% make a difference IMO. Get some AMS ones as they have the little collar so your main seal will never leak. They are also feather light compared to stock. I also did a idler pulley delete.

It will be eaiser if you have a manual as you can use the engine to break the pulley nut. I just used an impact wrench. Also I needed a 3 armed puller to get the crank pulley off. I needed an impact gun for the alternator also.

here is that mod I did at the same time http://my350z.com/forum/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction-diy/320669-idler-pulley-removal-mod-with-pics.html

• 4 months later...

Mine is an auto so I had remove the radiator to get the impact gun and puller in there but most people who have manuals use the cheat bar method. They stick a massive bar on the pulley and on the floor and then crank te engine but not start it. It should crack the bolt and you can get t off. Acess is better without the radiator though.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

Got AMS lightweight pulleys which I removed from the car when I did the SuperCharging, PM for details if you're interested. Originally bought from Tarmac. Did not have a chance to list them yet :)

Thanks,

Adrian

Hey Adrian,

Do you still have those ams pulleys? or are they sold?

Thanks

Saskhi