my exhaust backbox flange has broken

DaddyCee

Mine went the other day... It's bloody noisy! Still drove it about 15 miles to the garage where they just welded it up (for free! yay! Sometimes being female does have its perks!) and so far so good, although will have to look at replacing the exhaust in the New Year.

I wouldn't have fancied driving around for too long with it making that racket though...good luck x

was noisy but the guys at Kwik Fit said that it sounded like how a 350Z should have sounded.

We located the issue and they didn't charge for the inspection. Just ordered a Cobra Resonated Backbox from CS on here would definitely recommend them. Having it couriered to my garage of choice and then they will fit next week. Don't intend on using the car much until its sorted. The guys at Kwik Fit said that depending on where the hot exhaust gases are leaking from it may affect the bodywork, so best to err on the side of caution. They said that the blow on mine couldn't be welded as it was from the connection and quite a large hole had developed.

glad to hear yours has had a temporary fix.

I can't really knock kwik fit, as they have been really good to me...I think it's like anywhere, its all down to the individuals who work there, and if its a good team (who know their stuff etc) then they're ok to use for the basic stuff, emergencies etc. Some of the independents round here charge a fortune just to look at your car, nevermind if you want work doing....Kwik fit here are always accomodating and I don't find the guys bullsh*t you as much and everytime I've had cause to use them, I've been happy with what they've done and I don't feel ripped off.