Occasional Front Clunk and Rear Clunk

SteveW

Bit of an odd one this but recently the front end has developed a single clunk noise when sometimes turning full lock and close to full lock at slow speeds.

For example pulling out of a parking space or when I get to work I'll drive into one space then reverse back into the one opposite. As you straighten the wheels to reverse the clunk occasionally rears its head.

It can be felt through the steering wheel.

Any thoughts?

Also the rear passenger side has developed a hollow sounding clunk on rough surfaces. I'm guessing a bush? Which would be the prime candidates?

Thanks

Steve

Mine has started doing that when I reverse!! I started thinking it might be something thats frozen over as only happens if car has been stationary in the cold for a long time...just a thought though

If it is just rear it will almost certainly be the handbrake stuck, mine has always done it especially when standing for a bit after being in the wet....

Sounds horrible like something just fell off :surrender:

If you are parked on the flat leave the handbrake off and the car in gear ;)

SteveW, as DoogyRev's said there's a chance its the bushes from what you've described. Could also potentially be the ball joint if its making a solid 'klunk' and you can sense it. I'm sure one of the technical wizards will be along give you a better informed view though, as I am a bit of a mechanical spud :D

SteveW, as DoogyRev's said there's a chance its the bushes from what you've described. Could also potentially be the ball joint if its making a solid 'klunk' and you can sense it. I'm sure one of the technical wizards will be along give you a better informed view though, as I am a bit of a mechanical spud :D

:console:

You are a spud-i-like :winkiss:

• Like 1

:console:

You are a spud-i-like :winkiss:

Thanks SMD, you're the best :group:

Edited by Bockaaarck