Size of bolt que

ddcboyle

Tried to find a thread i read a while ago but had no luck.

The bolt where the mid pipe meets the y shaped pipe, does anyone know the bolt size for that? I tried 10-15mm but either too big or too small, but sure if its rusted into a hexagon shape lol

Cheers

Good luck with undoing it. I took my exhaust off after just 20k miles and my god those bolts were like rusted solid. Even though i took my time and used penetrating fluid etc... i still managed to sheer one bolt off... then began the painful process of trying to drill out the stud to replace with a new nut / bolt.... argh! Ive swapped loads of exhausts before on cars and never had one do that before, esp after such low miles.

Try an apprpriately sized 'metrinch' socket or spanner. It will allow you to apply much more torque than a standard tool as they apply pressure to the flat of the fastener head rather than the point of the hex-head. They are also a 'slacker' fit for a given size and that will help with rounded and/or rusted fastener heads.

• Like 1

Factory size for exhaust is 14mm. Good luck mate I usually need a special tool to get them off.

Factory size for exhaust is 14mm. Good luck mate I usually need a special tool to get them off.

It's ok, I think he is *special* :p

Joke btw.

Peace.

Try an apprpriately sized 'metrinch' socket or spanner. It will allow you to apply much more torque than a standard tool as they apply pressure to the flat of the fastener head rather than the point of the hex-head. They are also a 'slacker' fit for a given size and that will help with rounded and/or rusted fastener heads.

Metrinch! Thank you! I've been trying to remember that name for ages!