Supagard / "Sticky Contaminants"

chipshopman

My 350Z was supagarded by the Nissan dealer, today after I'd washed it using the supagard shampoo, I could tell there was quite a lot of sticky contaminants left on the surface. I thought that Supagard was supposed to prevent this, am I correct?

If I used a clay bar to get these sticky contaminants off, would it also remove the Supagard?

I'm happy with the way the car's shining after the wash, but I'm surprised by the sticky contaminants that are left.

I've not had previous experience of Supagard, so would appreciate anyone's help/advice/guidance.

Cheers.

chipshopman

Nissan probably didn't remove the contaminants before applying the supaguard, so it's probably underneath which will mean the supaguard won't last as long as it should, I've used supaguard on the pug and it lasted ages with no problems so its probably poor technique than the product itself. I have a feeling claying over the top will remove the supaguard (although i'm no expert) but just put on a decent wax after and it'll be fine, there are reasonably priced waxes that do a very good job.

That's kinda what I was fearing, although if Nissan did do that, I'm taking it back for them to do again after they clay it for free...

I've not found anything online so far that says claying removes Supagard for sure, but at this stage I don't think I'm going to risk it...

Supagard is essentially just a sealant, so claying (or anything abrasive for that matter) will remove it - especially if it's been poorly applied in the first place... assuming it's been not washed away already. ;)

Supagard is guaranteed for 3 years so take it back to the dealer if you're not happy.

Supagard is essentially just a sealant, so claying (or anything abrasive for that matter) will remove it - especially if it's been poorly applied in the first place... assuming it's been not washed away already. ;)

Supagard is guaranteed for 3 years so take it back to the dealer if you're not happy.

What he said.