Anyone got a sat nav with speed camera locations ??

lomoto

I fancy updating my Sat Nav with one of the new type with the speed camera locations included, to tidy up my dash and get rid of the Road Angel..

Anyone got any recommendations ?

I dont need Europe mapping as I have that on the sat Nav I have already :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the BMW Pro Sat Nav and I've added Speed Cameras as POI's which is about the only way. Go for a Tom Ton and you can download then from pocketgps.co.uk for £2.. :thumbs:

The Tom Tom also gives you an audible warning.

I've got the BMW Pro Sat Nav and I've added Speed Cameras as POI's which is about the only way. Go for a Tom Ton and you can download then from pocketgps.co.uk for £2.. :thumbs:

any particular model TomTom Kev ? theres bloody hundreds on the markets and my heads in a spin ?

any particular model TomTom Kev ? theres bloody hundreds on the markets and my heads in a spin ?

You want one of the new wide screen 510, 710 or 910 depending on hich maps you want. I believe these fit in the cubby.

See http://audiovisual.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/sbs ... 22371.html

Ive got the tomtom 710. It fits perfect in the cubby and has so far picked up every camera ive passed. It also picks up possible camera van locations which gets annoying after a while as its constantly alerting you on the motorway. When I bought mine the camera pack was included free, not sure if they still are though

Ive got the tomtom 710. It fits perfect in the cubby and has so far picked up every camera ive passed. It also picks up possible camera van locations which gets annoying after a while as its constantly alerting you on the motorway. When I bought mine the camera pack was included free, not sure if they still are though

I downloaded my camera locations from pocketgps and you can choose which cameras you want, i.e. you can choose to exclude mobile sites. I've included the mobile, but since mine are only POI's I don't get an audible warning anyway. Pocketgps has the Tom Tom format too.

You should have said Tim, Ive got the Tom Tom, you could have had a look at it in action.

Ive not downloaded the camera database again yet, but will do.

Ive got the TomTom 700 Go. This one has europe, and a small hard disk built in so you can store all the databases you like - speed cameras for example.

The equivalent is the 910, but my dad has the 510, and that has a speed camera database loaded as standard I beleive.

I downloaded my camera locations from pocketgps and you can choose which cameras you want, i.e. you can choose to exclude mobile sites. I've included the mobile, but since mine are only POI's I don't get an audible warning anyway. Pocketgps has the Tom Tom format too.

you can switch off the audible warning for the mobile sites I didnt bother as its bound to save me one day

You should have said Tim, Ive got the Tom Tom, you could have had a look at it in action.

Ive not downloaded the camera database again yet, but will do.

Ive got the TomTom 700 Go. This one has europe, and a small hard disk built in so you can store all the databases you like - speed cameras for example.

The equivalent is the 910, but my dad has the 510, and that has a speed camera database loaded as standard I beleive.

:doh: mind you, you were a bit preoccupied when we met up :teeth:

Guest prescience

Tim,

You can have these on any TomTom model; I have bog-standard TomTom 300 since I was not interested in Euro maps etc. Good solution :)

TIM

You can buy a navigator 6000 for around £165 on Kelkoo,i have the older model which you can still buy for around £400 but spec seem's the same,£49 a year for down load subscription.

max.

Thanks for the visit today Tim, you identified a few extras on this car that I didnt realise I had. The Autosol brought up the exhausts a treat. I got a buffing attachment for the drill and managed to get the inside of the tailpipes nice and shiny. The twin silencers underneath are now a mirror finish!

The TomToms fit in the cubby just great, not loose either so they dont rattle about. At least thats what I find with my lift up cubby cover, I dont know if its any different with the ones that have the cover slide up and "into" the dash.

Thanks for the visit today Tim, you identified a few extras on this car that I didnt realise I had. The Autosol brought up the exhausts a treat. I got a buffing attachment for the drill and managed to get the inside of the tailpipes nice and shiny. The twin silencers underneath are now a mirror finish!

:worthless:

Sorry Liam, I didnt get round to taking pics - want to make sure its up to its up to the shiny standard you would expect before the pics are taken.

Tim brought me a present to go with the car - you'll get to see what he brought me on the Wales drive out - you will be soooooo jealous! B)

Sorry Liam, I didnt get round to taking pics - want to make sure its up to its up to the shiny standard you would expect before the pics are taken.

Tim brought me a present to go with the car - you'll get to see what he brought me on the Wales drive out - you will be soooooo jealous! B)

Unless its a Nismo kit i will never be jealous!! ;)

Oh yes you will. :teeth:

Besides - I like to be exclusive, Im going a mix of SR and Greddy on the UY - Nismo has been done a few times on UY already, Id like my car to stand out. ;):p

So your gonna have a chav UY :blush::p

Just wait till my rims arive ;)

Guest prescience
Have you said what you getting sarnie - TE30s a la DrSifu on his G?

Its Top Secret mate. Only a couple of privilged people on here have seen them as they helped my with offset trouble and tyre choice :D

:yawn:

So your gonna have a chav UY :blush::p

Just wait till my rims arive ;)

Dont think you could ever make an UY chav could you? That would just be a contradiction in terms. :wacko:

Nismo Yellow has been done.. Time's they're a changing. :lol:

Don't try to move the goalposts! Don't fix whats not broken ;) Once my rims and lowering springs :ninja: are here you'll see :thumbs: