Alarm not working?

longsh07

Hoping someone can help.

I have a GT4 and was reading the little manual for the alarm.

Apparently its supposed to buzz if the alarm is set and something should trigger it?

I'd never heard this so I sat in the car, locked it, waited the 10 seconds it says it needs to switched from pre-armed to fully armed then waved my arms around like mad but nothing... no buzzer, no alarm.

Did a couple more tests including leaving the window open and waving my hands in, trying to unlock the doors etc. I even tried to open the bonnet while locked and set but the alarm didnt go off!

Ive been in the boot and checked the black box/siren behind the spare wheel is plugged and and it appears to be connected up fine. Didnt follow the cables where it runs under the polystyrene though.

Is there a fuse for the alarm or anything else I can check as I really want to get it working!

Central locking/Super lock thingy works fine, just no alarm.

Cheers.

Thanks just read through it but the info is different to my owners manual. Page 2-19 in is all about air bags but looking at the same section (Instruments and controls on page 1-17) it all seems fine.

The Indicator LED on my car blinks as it should in the LOCK, OFF and ACC and goes off when the ignition is switched to on.

The other book I have, "Anti-Theft System" says the following:

"When armed, the system will automatically enter pre-arm mode. If an alarm trigger is received during this time, the alarm does not activate the siren and blinker command but only gives and acoustic warning signal by the buzzer with a continues sound until the cause is removed or the system moves into full arm mode. In the second case, the input triggered will be excluded during the Arm mode."

Note: Ultrasonic sensor and self powered siren (tamper alarm) are not signalled during pre-arm time.

At the end of the pre-arm time (10 sec.) the system will enter in full arm mode"

Im not getting any warning buzzer nor can set of the alarm as I said.

Edited by longsh07

The pages I added are for a 2006 350, but then having had a 2004 350 (both UK) the alarm opration was the same, IIRC.

I'm struggling to understand the buzzer bit you mention - I don't recall that - activation/deactivation was confirmed by the hazard lights and the immobilizer light on the dash.

Can someone else help longsh07?

Can you paste up the literature you have drawn from?

I'm assuming your car is a UK supplied GT4 (asking that as there was an unusual variation/specification on a GT4 a while back that originated in Cyprus iirc)

In fact I'm not sure we have see any pics of yours yet?

Just trying to narrow down the problem for you......

I posted this on another club im a member of and a fellow GT4 owner (believe he is registered on here also as Rabster) said the buzzing comes from the drivers side rear quarter on his car. This kinda ties up with the location of the blackbox/siren.

Setting the alarm results in one indicator flash and no audible warning, unsetting results in two indicator flashes and no audible warning. If a door is not closed properly and you set the alarm you still get the indicator flashes but you get an audible warning. :)

Setting the alarm results in one indicator flash and no audible warning, unsetting results in two indicator flashes and no audible warning. If a door is not closed properly and you set the alarm you still get the indicator flashes but you get an audible warning. :)

That's what I thought should happen. I'm not getting any of that.

Ill have a play tonight and get the multimeter out to see if there is power going to the thing in the boot.

Thanks for your help!

Right, scanned the Nissan Anti Theft System book, sorry its sideways!

Had to upload to google docs as was bigger than the limit on here https://docs.google....UFpza080QU9jc28

No joy with the multi meter though as the stupid thing was busted.

Spent a bit more time fiddling though and managed to get the chime to sound that indicates you've tried to lock the doors with the key still in the ignition which sounds like its coming from the siren in the boot but still no joy setting off the alarm.

I think the alarm is controlled via the BCM (Body control module) passenger side footwell. Not sure where or if there are fuses for the alarm. Have you tried disconnecting the car battery for a small while then re-connecting to see if the alarm then works? Might be worth a go before you start prodding. :)

Time to start looking at the service manual if Beavis's^^^^ idea doesn't work, it's in section BL for a 2004 car, body locking and security :)

+1

It looks like you need to get to fuse block j/b located above the bcm (passenger footwell). Pay particular attention to fuses 1,6,18 and 21. :) But be very careful prodding around the BCM ;)

Time to start looking at the service manual if Beavis's^^^^ idea doesn't work, it's in section BL for a 2004 car, body locking and security :)

+1

It looks like you need to get to fuse block j/b located above the bcm (passenger footwell). Pay particular attention to fuses 1,6,18 and 21. :) But be very careful prodding around the BCM ;)

BCM

Be Careful Mate ;)

+1

BCM

Be Careful Mate ;)

Very droll :)

• 4 months later...

Sorry to revive a old threat but I feel like I should update just for reference.

Took the car to Nissan who tested the alarm system (all sensors worked, no error codes) but they couldn't trigger the alarm.

They had it twice but only charged me for the first diagnostics as they never found an answer.

So as that was a failure I decided to have a mobile car security guy come and install an aftermarket system.

Bit annoyed that I couldn't fix the original alarm but to be honest I might be better off!

Appreciate the help you guys gave me even if it amounted to nothing.