Viewing a Zed - Hertfordshire area

Level 7 Boss

I'm viewing a Zed on Saturday, not the colour I want, but I'm an equal opportunies kinda guy.

So it's a private sale, 06 but lower tax bracket, gt pack, full service history, Alzaten leather. Around 44k on the clock. Only thing is, the front tyres need changing. Where would I, and how much would it cost to buy and fit a decent pair like Falken 452's? Also, how worried should I be about replacement brake pads, clutch and flywheel?

I know the usual to look for, clicky rear axle, bubbling on alloys, uneven tyre wear, bose skips, clutch slipping, spark plugs changed etc.

Can anyone offer any more advise? Any local Zedders fancy a trip on Saturday lol?

Edited by Level 7 Boss

I would double check that the car is in the lower bracket as mines a 55 and thats in the lower bracket, I thought anything newer is in the upper and you dont want to get stung for £470.

Tyres I think are around the £160 mark each.

The Bose can also suffer a problem where the passenger side speakers cut out, not a deal breaker as your best bet is to swap out the headunit anyway but could use it as a negotiation tool.

Same with the clicking rear axel, yes it's annoying but after reading several threads on here (including a guide to grease the clicky parts) i was happy to buy mine with a clicky axel. Just be sure there is no other untoward knocking noises indicating worn suspension components

Check the condition of the alternator and aircon belts for cracking and general deterioration, these are easy to view behind the slam panel at the front of the engine block - again not an expensive job £100-£150 all in or £30 for parts and an easy DIY.

Good luck with your purchase, as i imagine you have already gathered this site is a wealth of information and very helpful members.

I go to Blackboots in Chesham to get my tyres changed, just depends where in Hertfordshire you are?

I'm based in Hayes, Middlesex. After reading the tyre section of the forum I doubt I'll go for 452s, might plump for Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta. Unless someone can recommend some alternatives? or if the rears have some decent tyres.

Match whatever you've got on the rears, you don't really want to be mixing tyres on a new car and in the current conditions :)

But yes, the VUS are significantly better than the 452 (which are now an outdated tyre) for not much more cash.